Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:16 AM

Brutal, that is about I can say other than PHAXDA put up a decent score for what he was going through shot wise. Again it was a pleasure playing the round with him. Well my second substitution of the morning and instead of getting better I have gotten worse. Truthfully I think I quit playing after about the 5th hole and just starting hitting them. I pity anybody who has to play this today because the grids are not telling the truth on this course.

Fairway
    3vq1E.png
    Green
    sR8f4.png
    Scorecards
    NQq7H.png
    2vSc5.png

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:16 AM

Corwyn:
    I notice you've also managed to avoid the dreaded 3-putt for the 3rd round running, one of only 3 players, bhoese, CerinoDevoti and yourself to do that. Ben was suggesting there should be a prize for getting through all 4 rounds with no 3-putts, but we still need a sponsor. Any takers?

Just to set the record straight, I haven't asked for a prize for this.  I'm sure you've had a completely honest misunderstanding of some sort - this is a heckuva lot to keep track of -  so I'm not upset or anything.  But it's worth mentioning :)

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 8:34 AM

Hope I am not jumping the gun here but I have sent Hanswurst72 his prize for having the most birdies in Round 3. Now if by some chance one of the remaining players tie or even better him they will receive a sleeve also.

7o1pQ.png

• Phaxda
    145 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:00 PM

I am here and can mark or play if anyone interested.

• Hanswurst72
    1,097 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:27 PM

mnshiner:

Hope I am not jumping the gun here but I have sent Hanswurst72 his prize for having the most birdies in Round 3. Now if by some chance one of the remaining players tie or even better him they will receive a sleeve also.

Thank you!! =)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 2:09 PM

SPINO1:
    Will have to pull out im afraid guys, i had a msg from phaxda earlier, i see he got the round in already , not much time left to play now .TY for the tourny gents. As an apology ill forfeit an mp against the worst scorer in round 4  for 222 credits.

Stu.

Well, I've been PM'ing Stu urging him not to give up... especially as once again, he's in strong contention for the Closest Ave. Distance to the Pin award (his specialty it seems!). Stu, if you do want to continue, I'm certain a marker can step forward. There have been several offers already today, and Phaxda himself still appears to be available.

Don't give up on us!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 2:22 PM

bhoese:
    Corwyn:
    I notice you've also managed to avoid the dreaded 3-putt for the 3rd round running, one of only 3 players, bhoese, CerinoDevoti and yourself to do that. Ben was suggesting there should be a prize for getting through all 4 rounds with no 3-putts, but we still need a sponsor. Any takers?

Just to set the record straight, I haven't asked for a prize for this.  I'm sure you've had a completely honest misunderstanding of some sort - this is a heckuva lot to keep track of -  so I'm not upset or anything.  But it's worth mentioning :)

You're absolutely right, Ben! Seems like I got carried away... :) (The suggestion was all mine, in fact... )

Still, it would be quite an achievement if any of the 3 of you manage to get through RSG as well with no 3-putts. So, best of luck to you in chasing that goal!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 2:25 PM

Corwyn:
    Daboofness: Please post a time here in the thread when you could play today, and let's try and hook you up with a marker. Also, it looks like you'd have good overlap times with Stu if Phaxda is already playing with someone else.

In other pairing news, Tim (TeeWade) and Reese (brhthecarpenter) had an unfortunate disco into their Oly back9 last night, and are deciding whether to repeat or just do back9 only today.

Still hoping to hear from you, Daboofness. Last chance today to get your 3rd Round in... !

And, Tim and Reese, any news on your decision?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 3:00 PM

Corwyn who is my pard. for round 4, and am I up to win anything .......LOL

Gary

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sun, Feb 3 2013 3:32 PM

Corwyn:
    (Once I get scores later today/tonight, I'll draw up final round pairings asap, but as mentioned earlier: if you need to begin making plans, feel free to hook up with someone close to you on the leaderboard.)

Gary, as I wrote earlier today, I won't be able to draw up final round pairings until I have everyone's scores in... BUT if you need to begin making plans, please feel free to find someone near to you on the leaderboard (PLEASE do share your plans here on the thread, so I know what's going on. Thanks!)

You're definitely in the hunt on Total Distance Putts (but Hans has a significant lead...), and in the Most Birdies standings, you're tied for 2nd with 3 of the 4/5 players near you certain to finish in the top 3 places (and thus be ineligible for that prize).

RSS