Forums

Help › Forums

'Tough-It-Out II': The Trans-Atlantic Starter Clubs Uneven Open RETURNS!

Thu, Apr 18 2013 10:44 AM (742 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 7:34 AM

jimbean346:

Quick question; can we break up an 18 into two rounds of 9?

I always found this useful when running the tour as it allowed people who couldn't get on for three hours together in a single sitting to get it finished over a couple of days.

Cheers

J

Aarggh... I knew I'd forgotten to mention something.

Yes, absolutely, you can all break up 18 into two 9s. It complicates the stats percentages a little, but we'll work it out! Just remember to still submit all required screenshots for both 9s.

Thanks for raising the question!

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 7:52 AM

Corwyn:
    Mati: You didn't click any time slots. Are you really available 24/7 at the weekends, or could you at least fill in some preferences?

I re did my sign up. Should be ok now.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 9:49 AM

Thanks Mati,

I've plugged in your suggested 'possible' times... but it turns out they may not be the best match for MizzyMan after all. Can you try and connect with each other, and see if it can still work? If not, let us know, and I'll try and hook you both up with one of our late entrants.

Thanks, Corwyn

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:08 AM

seemorehair:
    Just one question, will BOTH players have to submit these screenshots or will one suffice?

alosso:
    From last tourney's practice:

Usually, each should take their own snapshots while it's their turn, because this the best evidence of the conditions by the grid shown.

If one has troubles doing so, the other may jump in. (*)

For the stats, one is enough because it contains both players. If both do so, there is a redundancy for mishaps.

(*) subject to approval by the Committee

Thanks alosso for your helpful answer! alosso (Paul) is spot on: although one player's screenshots would be enough to prove that Uneven Lies were used for the round, and that the Green Speed, Tees, and Winds were right, it doesn't prove that Starter Clubs were used throughout the bag. That's why we encourage everyone to learn the skills to post your own screenshots, ideally getting a 'full bag view' for your 'approach' screenshot.

Yes, it's redundant for you both to post every card and stat page, but make sure you've captured them to your computer in case your partner forgets/loses them. You don't want to rule yourself out of the running for special prizes.

So, one player can post everything, with the other player adding their game screenshots only (i.e. no need for 2nd player to duplicate card and stat pics). And if you really can't post, that's OK.

Essentially, we're all counter-validating each other's use of the right clubs and balls. Just like in real-life golf, a playing partner has a responsibility to the field to make sure the rules are followed. Get in the habit of watching your partner's shots early in the round and don't be afraid to point out a problem if you see one. Better to catch an honest mistake early (and it's very easy to leave a wrong club in the bag) than to go through a whole round unable to use a particular club, or worse, have to start over.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:22 AM

alosso:
    I suppose the spreadsheet form to enter the data of a round will be available again.

You sure are keeping me on my toes, Paul!!! Just catching up with all the details...

Yes, here is the 1st Round Score Submission link.

Please note that every round will have a unique link to a score submission form. Please use the right one for the right round (especially as we have overlapping timeframes at weekends).

Question for the other tourney organizers out there: I can't find a way to get google docs to allow a unique form for each sheet in a spreadsheet, so I'm having to create separate spreadsheets for each round... Anyone found a way round this?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:23 AM

That is great, because it takes me forever to do those screen shots.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 10:39 AM

Woodoworkery:
    That is great, because it takes me forever to do those screen shots.

Great to see you back for more, Gary!

I'm surprised though, I thought you hated Unevens... ;)

As a late entrant, I'll need to see who else signs up today and how I can match your available times with theirs. Please keep checking the thread for info. Thanks!

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 1:48 PM

Corwyn:

Great to see you back for more, Gary!

I'm surprised though, I thought you hated Unevens... ;)

If at first you don't succeed try try again.......LOL 

• MizzyMan
    52 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 3:03 PM

Hey Corwyn,

I hope I'm not too late, but I would like to throw in a sleeve of lvl71 Nikes or 450cr into the prize pool. Not sure if everyone is required to post a screenshot of the putting stats but I would like to see the prize go to whoever has the longest total distance of putts throughout the tourney. If that doesn't work, you are welcome decide on a proper prize.

Mizzy

• MizzyMan
    52 Posts
    Fri, Jan 11 2013 3:44 PM

After reading the post about splitting up the 9's to ensure a "checkpoint", I now have a question. Is there anyway a player can finish a round once a playing partner disconnects? I only say this because I am on a satellite connection and it's not that great, especially when a single disconnection can be the end. I would hate to ruin a good round for my playing partner if I get disconnected.

Mizzy

RSS