Forums

Help › Forums

exspensive balls (no not what she said last night kind)

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 1 2010 1:03 PM (27 replies)
  • BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:51 PM

I am wondering how long balls last - is it by shots or what?

Whatever it goes by - I think its ridiculous.  I can get down with paying for them if it was up to the players to lose them.  Water hazards etc.  It's like....people want realistic gaming  but,GET OVER IT  with this one.  Lower price of balls and let it be up to the player to lose them would be a great move :D......at the moment on this site its "milking"...and thats not very becoming.  Just because you can doesnt make it right!  :P   , 

Thoughts?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:29 PM

My thought is, no one is making you buy them. Starter balls are free and you may lose all you want.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:31 PM

Hi BirdieButton,

From the balls section of the FAQ:

This is done to simulate the normal wear and tear a ball experiences during the course of a normal round.  The amount of hits that each ball lasts will depend on the durability rating in the Pro Shop.  The higher the listed durability the longer each ball will last and remember, putts do not count.  All players are also provided with an unlimited amount of WGT starter balls should you choose to go that route.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 11:12 PM

claremoreblue:

My thought is, no one is making you buy them. Starter balls are free and you may lose all you want.

Indeed and not to mention I would much rather buy balls or have the option to than pay a monthly fee 10 times out of 10 as its a more fair system where you pay for actual usage.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 12:21 AM

jayjonbeach:

Indeed and not to mention I would much rather buy balls or have the option to than pay a monthly fee 10 times out of 10 as its a more fair system where you pay for actual usage.

Spot on there jayjon!

If you don't want to have to buy new balls twice per round, keep 'em dry!

• greatwhitedale
    305 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 5:49 AM

this golf game is FREE, we all need to give back something, to make this game keep going, for the producers who made this game im sure have had to spend hundreds of hours and money to get it up n running and to keep it going.

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:15 AM

I bet if you take a vote , people dont care about the "reality"   of the "wear n tear"  of the golf ball.  Like I said in opening post - we all like "realism"  in our vieo games,  but it can also go way too far.

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:21 AM

to all you people defending this golf ball operation - WAKE UP...thats all.   You can not compete with starters balls. 

"this golf game is free"....LOL    oh really?    then i guess the 100$ ive put in doesnt count?   65 cents for THREE VIRTUAL  golf balls??!! ,   not nice.  its free if you want to hack around the courses.  If you think they charge for balls because of "simulating real golf" - I got some sea front property in switzerland you might wanna take a look at...I got a picture!

• BirdieButton
    164 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 10:27 AM

Ty for your thought - it means squat to me.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Jun 20 2010 2:16 PM

BirdieButton:

Ty for your thought - it means squat to me.

I usually don't get critical of people on here but...., grow up child. 

RSS