Forums

Help › Forums

Bilko's Wind Calculator Now A Program

Mon, Aug 14 2023 7:11 PM (175 replies)
  • mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Tue, Jan 1 2013 12:37 AM

Here is the link. The download is the blue button. To get this download you have to sign up for 4shared. It is free.

Wind Calculator

• buddha4609
    756 Posts
    Wed, Jan 2 2013 2:39 AM

bump

• Puterpotato
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jan 3 2013 4:45 PM

I would like to give it a whirl Sarge but keep getting an 505 error even when trying to register for 4share. I sent a friend request. Thanks in advance.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:30 AM

Bilko's software, which i downloaded from 4share, has a Trojan in its .exe file

I just got a message from my anti-malware that it had blocked the trojan from starting.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jan 4 2013 1:25 PM

ApexPC:

Not according to McAfee. AVG let it through, too. It does monkey with your browser's front page by changing it to their search page and the msconfig file gets modified regardless of saying no on the install. 

• DAD111
    582 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 4:02 AM

SGTBilko:

Finally we can offer you a program instead of a spreadsheet thanks to the great work by STEVEOSH! Just download and install. Merry Christmas to all my WGT Friends.

Please like bilko's tools on Facebook! 
    !

When I downloaded Wind Calculator Program & Putter Distance Calculator from 4 Shared, this was the Wind Calculator Program that installed which is Steve's Caddy.

Is there a way to download Bilko's Wind Calculator as in the 1st screenshot. Maybe I've missed something along the way. Can someone advise please?

Many thanks...

Bob

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 5:37 AM

If anyone has a problem with downloading let me know, I will email the files. 4shared must have changed some stuff, I have never had this many problems with them before. Here is the alternate links I put on the website. Again, sorry about that guys.

Wind Calculator

Putter Distance Calculator

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:10 AM

Jim, I take the blame on this. I should have put the instructions on the site, in all my haste I understood 4 shared and it seems others didn't. Any free site tries to get you add things you don't want. You have to click on the blue button first.

Then another screen will come up, just click on the free download. This way you will not get any junk programs. MY BAD...Bilko

YankeeJim:

ApexPC:

Not according to McAfee. AVG let it through, too. It does monkey with your browser's front page by changing it to their search page and the msconfig file gets modified regardless of saying no on the install. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:11 AM

SGTBilko:
    Jim, I take the blame on this. I should have put the instructions on the site, in all my haste I understood 4 shared and it seems others didn't.

I didn't have a problem there, Sarge. I don't use it but wanted to see what Apex was talking about so went through the routine and didn't have any issues. Your efforts seem to be helping a lot pf players. Nice job. :-)

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:18 AM

YankeeJim:

SGTBilko:
    Jim, I take the blame on this. I should have put the instructions on the site, in all my haste I understood 4 shared and it seems others didn't.

I didn't have a problem there, Sarge. I don't use it but wanted to see what Apex was talking about so went through the routine and didn't have any issues. Your efforts seem to be helping a lot pf players. Nice job. :-)

No you are correct, I guess when you are used to something yourself I can see where it is easy to overlook a few simple things, I think most people were clicking on the green download instead of the blue one. Hopefully by adding these simple instructions it will not screw anyone else up.Thanks for the kudos's my friend. 

RSS