Help › Forums

Bilko's Wind Calculator Now A Program

Mon, Aug 14 2023 7:11 PM (175 replies)
  • SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:43 PM

gmaster007:

SGTBilko:

Very nicely put, it is simply just a tool! BTW, that is why I prefer the spreadsheet, there are times I tweak the formula's based upon current play. The program was for those that did not have MS Office.
    Bilko

well maybe you can work it in there next time :)

gmaster007:

I have a nice idea for your next release,
    maybe enable an "offset" area that would effect the whole equation.

that way, when you play a test shot with a certain ball,
    you can offset the system to fit that specific ball.

could be like a +/- button for yardage or something.

anyway, thanks for this,
    I don't own office, so this would be my first chance to use it.

I like the idea, the key is figuring out how to compute this in to allow for the offset. The problem is creating the +/-, but I will look at it. I will say this, I add 5 yards to allow for roll out, this might dial the accuracy in more. 

• attiuq
    34 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:51 PM

Thanks for your effort.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:18 PM

This doesn't make the game easy at all. It's a great tool and is no different than grabbing out your calculator and typing in number. This just saves time looking for it.You can tell anyone what to hit but with the  wrong spin those numbers mean noting. And rich i just shot a 55 and took gold so whatever is gonna help me shave off those few srokes then sign me up. I need a bilko green reader lmao. The putter wins not the wind and its real easy to miss 3 footers on champ greens.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 6:57 AM

notonthis:

This doesn't make the game easy at all. It's a great tool and is no different than grabbing out your calculator and typing in number. This just saves time looking for it.You can tell anyone what to hit but with the  wrong spin those numbers mean noting. And rich i just shot a 55 and took gold so whatever is gonna help me shave off those few srokes then sign me up. I need a bilko green reader lmao. The putter wins not the wind and its real easy to miss 3 footers on champ greens.

I have the stand alone putter distance program on there as well..LOL

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 12:46 PM

This looks awesome.

Thank you, will give it a go and thanks for sharing this

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 5:04 PM

Don't know if it's the program sarge, or WGT lying about the wind, But the program is not dependable some holes it's dead on, others way short or way long. its hard to even get a feel so you can adjust. It's a great idea but it doesn't work at least for me. I am talking 7 yards short, not 3, I had one shot go 20 something yards long and I sub. 5 yards from the actual distance. ( That was a par 5 hole )

This is just another example of tamppering with the game. It is just a roll of the dice my friend. All I can say is swing and hope....LOL

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Dec 21 2012 11:33 PM

Well done you two!

I like the WGT ruler, for me these calculators, take up some of the seconds we have available to play.

But great effort! Nicely done!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:36 AM

Woodoworkery:

Don't know if it's the program sarge, or WGT lying about the wind, But the program is not dependable some holes it's dead on, others way short or way long. its hard to even get a feel so you can adjust. It's a great idea but it doesn't work at least for me. I am talking 7 yards short, not 3, I had one shot go 20 something yards long and I sub. 5 yards from the actual distance. ( That was a par 5 hole )

This is just another example of tamppering with the game. It is just a roll of the dice my friend. All I can say is swing and hope....LOL

I just played a round and it was within 1 to 2 yds each shot. The key was though I know when I adjust the spin on the Nike about how much it will effect the shot.....interesting

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 5:36 AM

SHRUDE:

Well done you two!

I like the WGT ruler, for me these calculators, take up some of the seconds we have available to play.

But great effort! Nicely done!

thanks Shrude

• steveosh
    102 Posts
    Sat, Dec 22 2012 1:46 PM

I am glad to hear that everyone seems pleased with the program.  I use it and most of the time it is right on, now my aim by not clicking the ding varies.

I noticed that during tournies the exact same shot would have 2 different results..  and even going along and everything is great and then one hole and its off.

RSS