Forums

Help › Forums

Bilko's Wind Calculator Now A Program

Mon, Aug 14 2023 7:11 PM (175 replies)
  • Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:42 AM

As I have mentioned previously these types of calculators are good as a general guide. They cannot calculate the distance variances between all of the clubs with all of the ball combinations for them to be completely accurate. That is unless you are using the Club and ball combination that the input calc is based on. My original added calcs were based on my using the L81 G20 & Callaway i (s) ball. Jeff may have tweaked it a bit for his combination. So if you are using the same combination as whatever it was tweaked for then your distance would be more spot on. Even with that the variances of surface and other factors in this game does not allow for any calculated method to be completely accurate...Or at least that is what I have found so far.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:59 AM

Well the programs here for all to use, and everyone agrees with it, why not publish the tweeks  now for all to use with the ball ,and club they use. Just like the putter scale, one for every putter.

I am not being sarcastic ,  I am serious .

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:17 AM

Do not know if you noticed the picture I posted on the previous page but this type of program has been around since 2009.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:21 AM

I know MS , but it just lately it has been accepted by the community and brought out in the open. So why not show all aspects of it. Like everyone says you still have to make the shot

The way prices are going here at WGT we all need all the help we can get to win credits

• MikeDeck51
    182 Posts
    Wed, Jan 9 2013 3:47 PM

I Just have one ? about this thing and that is when u get ur total distance whatside do you refer to?

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:22 AM

Wood the tweeks you have to figure out for what you use. I don't use this one but the calcs are from one I made for my self awhile ago that can factor in ball and club variance for a fairly consistent close proximity. That is until VEM gets me...lol 

The easiest way to find out what your adds or subtracts should be is to go to the Courses feature' where there is always low wind, using a flat single hole. Use the calc to figure your average distance for that club. Hit three or four shots then take an average distance and compare that distance to the calc distance. Do this with each of your clubs down to and including punch and flop shots with no bottom. That will tell you what approximately what you would need to adjust for your club and ball combination. if you see a consistent distance variance with all of your clubs than use it to add or subtract. Then for using bottom it is a variance of apprx. 4-5 yds subtraction for the most part.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:19 AM

I am not sure how that other program is coming up and yes someone just copied virtual caddie. Personally I never found it to be that accurate. I added another download link to the website and as I stated in a previous post I think I know why some were having problems. Oldbay is on point, it is just a tool, there are no real tweaks to post but if you want to tweak stuff download the excel spreadsheet version and play around with the formulas that are in there, there are no great secrets.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sat, Jan 12 2013 5:23 AM

MikeDeck51:

I Just have one ? about this thing and that is when u get ur total distance whatside do you refer to?

mike the left column is straight distance, if you entered an elevation difference it takes that into account into the distance.

• aheredes
    3 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 2:06 PM

Hello Bilko,

I have also developed an application to help players with calculations. I would like if you can try it and give me your opinion. If you have an Android phone you can test it.  worldgolfcaddy.com

Thanks in advance.

• bennyhotnuts
    157 Posts
    Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:43 AM

Looks like cheating to me.

That being said, when you are stuck with a 65+ average at higher levels, I guess you could use all the help you can get.

RSS