Forums

Help › Forums

Changes to the Elite Collection - Customize your WGT experience

Tue, Jan 3 2017 5:14 PM (172 replies)
  • alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 5:44 AM

jakestanfill7:
    It would be much harder to get all of those players to Legend that it is to L40.
    I dissent. Would be easy to use the anti-sandbagging system for that purpose if you have a Legend account at hand. "Make Legend in one night" Hint: Match play forfeits.

Alas, you'd need at least a high level to get the good equipment. Take L59 for the lower G20s, still difficult to contend from the tips. Then, L80, L83? o.k., just a question of time: 100 days to L59, 300 days to L83.

This brings us to the costs. Equip a handful of clones with good equipment, costs 50+ bucks each.

And you'd still have to play top games to post the necessary scores.

What is the reward for time&money? A gift card? A golfing trip? Seems not worth the hustle.

jakestanfill7:
    The majors should also be a reward for achievement.
    You're a romantic after all(?)

(no pun intended)

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 6:10 AM

Interesting debate here.

I know the "exchange rate" credits to actual dollars for the gift cards is obscene ... but there is one thing to keep in mind.

Every gift card redeemed is cash out of pocket for WGT.   They've already spent the money folks have paid them to buy credits.  They do that to keep funding their business every day.  R&D, Salaries, etc. etc.     So when it comes time to buy / send a gift card - it's cash that comes out of someone's budget (which they better have reserved for).  

I'm guessing ... as in every other business in the world ... it's budget time for 2013 and one of the easiest things to cut is the expense of having to buy the gift cards.   Replace it with something Virtual ... and it's cash  back in the budget.

Not that I agree with this .. but if i was a betting man (which I'm not) ... Odds are that's what prompted this decision.   (not that I know anything about this .. I've only been in the finance business for 35 yrs) ....

Have a wonderful Christmas

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 2:41 PM

You maybe be right lvietri in regards to the 2013 budget.  But what doesn't make sense it is a system that makes money for them.

Consider the following:  Players spend money on the RG's which doesn't include the cost of golf balls.

Here is an example of my expenditures since Aug 2012 to date.

Total cost in credits in which I have spent is 197,500 of which 34,600 credits were spent on balls.  From those expenditures and the RG's I have played , I may have made only 5,000 credits.  An excellent return on their investment don't you think.

As I said, this decision has me scratching my head.

• Win1Soon
    385 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 4:11 PM

"possibility of removing the gift cards" Or going to?  This info would  come in handy to those that can afford one right now. Also, I would love to see the cards stay. The thought of them being removed saddens me as purchasing one  was another goal of mine :-( If you do remove them I hope you fill that void with something equally satisfying or I'm certain the forums will explode with negative reflections. Jmho, Have a Merry Christmas All!!

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:13 PM

Fuzzygazz:
    One questions for Mr. chat..Who makes these decision? Fire them. And no more pre bugs for products you sell.

Second that!   WGT, it appears one of your original members has expressed his displeasure? Are you listening? 

Who is Mr. chat?.....Chad or P?  

Fuzz you out there in the "tundra"? Getting frost bite? I lived there back in the 70's!   :)    

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:34 PM

Win1Soon:
    "possibility of removing the gift cards" Or going to? 
    Read on:

WGTpizza:
    we will in fact be moving forward with that.
    plus the date of execution, Jan 9.

It has been predicted 700 years ago:

"Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate!"

(Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.)

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2012 9:31 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • TarheelsRule
    5,497 Posts
    Wed, Dec 26 2012 10:17 AM

While I tend to agree with Lou, us old fat guys have to stick together, I can't imagine that the gift cards would be enough to even be a budget line.  Based upon their exchange rate, it takes a huge amount of credits to even buy one of the Amazon cards.

• SarahCuse
    82 Posts
    Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:18 AM

Soooooooooooooooo looking forward to the new spring collection!  So tacky to wear the same look every day.  Hoping for Dior sunglasses.

• GambitMaia
    93 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2012 4:16 PM

Oh wow. I leave the game for a while, come back to play a bit and what do I see?

Ridiculously overpriced items ($50 for a club set, $4 for an item that will only show once per hole), no course added (just compilations) - in fact no gameplay feature added at all - and yet a ton of extra advertising and many of the same bugs that have been reported ever since I started playing in 2010.

And now you remove the only "clean" way to cashout from the game (which is still a ripoff)?

Great business models going, WGT. It'll sure backfire as the parallel credit market will increase dramatically. What the hell do you want us to do with our credits, buy a WGT-branded cap for $200?

RSS