Forums

Help › Forums

Changes to the Elite Collection - Customize your WGT experience

Tue, Jan 3 2017 5:14 PM (172 replies)
  • WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:54 PM

Hello community :)

Looking forward to the new year, there are a lot of changes I would like to make everyone aware of. We made mention of the possibility of removing the gift cards from the Elite Collection on the forums a few weeks ago, and we will in fact be moving forward with that. I strongly suggest that if anyone is saving credits in order to purchase a gift card please consider this, and to cash out before January 9th, when the gift cards are removed.

Now, on to the good stuff:

• Something tells me one or two of you have looked at your avatar, or the new golf bag that was just released and thought: "I could design a much better color scheme than that" Yes, that's right - it has been requested by the community for as long as I can remember so I am happy to announce that in an update in early January, WGT will be adding customizable Avatars and Golf Bags as an item in the Elite Collection! These golf bags and avatars will use the same models as the existing golf bags and avatars, only you will have the option to decide on the colors and patterns used when building it. Your current golf bags/avatars will not be affected when these are released.
    • WGT will be adding to the Elite Collection the option to purchase actual, real life tee times at actual, real life courses! Using credits earned in the game, you can purchase tee times at: Wolf Creek, Kiawah, Edgewood and Celtic Manor.
    • Coming to the Elite Collection shortly after this major update (probably February): WGT branded shirts, hats, golf towels and bag tags! Show off your love of the game on the real life courses :)
    • Another item being added to the Elite Collection is a 60 minute private chat with MisterWGT. I'm sure our community will find creative uses for this one ;)

There are some BIG changes on the map for 2013 in WGT - I will see you then!

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:56 PM

Thank you for the heads up

OPY  iaaRft

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:51 PM

Gotta say I'm very disappointed to see the gift cards go.  Not sure I understand it from WGT's perspective.  At the current exchange rate WGT can't be losing out on much to the elite collection.  Can't imagine more than 20,000$ had been paid out in 2012.  If there is nothing appealing or realistically attainable in the elite collection I will go back to gifting away credits to my friends that put real $ into the game.  Before the elite collection came I'd gifted somewhere in the 6 figures of credits when I had nothing to redeem w/ the stockpile other than virtual balls (edit- now that I think about it the elite collection may have come at the same time as RGs, but mpcs did come a while before RGs).  That is real $ that will come out of the pocket of WGT.  Also I have no idea what kinda revenue wgt makes from in game advertisements, but the hardcore group of credit grinders have to create a fair chunk of change from that as well.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:01 PM

Wow, what a way to ruin my night. 

How much do you plan to charge for a custom avatar? You better not charge a ridiculous amount for something that won't change the way our avatar plays.

If your going to remove something, remove the Maserati and the outdated trips. You're removing the most cashed-out items in the Elite Collection.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:03 PM

Yeah this is just sick. Alot of players work hard for those creds to get cards with acttual value. Who is gonna spend creds for golf gear which im sure is going to be over 100k. So 1000 us currency for a $25 dollar polo. I'm sure my numbers are off but if these are gonna be elite products then im sure im not to far off. And customizing avatar is too funny that should be mandatory, But all good been tired of this game and just more reasons are coming out not to play it.

• Buggyyy
    1,963 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:04 PM

notonthis:

Yeah this is just sick. Alot of players work hard for those creds to get cards with acttual value. Who is gonna spend creds for golf gear which im sure is going to be over 100k. So 1000 us currency for a $25 dollar polo. I'm sure my numbers are off but if these are gonna be elite products then im sure im not to far off. And customizing avatar is too funny that should be mandatory, But all good been tired of this game and just more reasons are coming out not to play it.

+234,123

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:51 PM

Scrapping the gift cards seems a strange idea -- maybe they were TOO popular !!

After all, (if I understand it correctly), gift cards meant credits and therefore $$$ being taken out of this site and spent elsewhere. Outlets that you have no affiliation with and therefore no kick back from  ?

Seems they can now only be spent on, in game goods, WGT merchandise, or with others you have an understanding with.

I may be wrong as I am not good enough yet, to have had 1st hand knowledge of the 'Elite Collection', but I was looking forward to the day I was and reckon I would've felt a great sense of achievement earning my 1st gift card.

OTOH, it makes perfect business sense as all $$ put into the game will now stay in and around the game, they'll just be floating around in a bubble of manageable options.

On a final note anything said here is unlikely to change this obviously well thought out strategy, but 1 month is not enough time. A member might've been amassing credits for a year + to get the gift card. Give them enough time to complete their mission, 3 months say and lets not have another R11s Driver debacle.

Edit: And the views for credits mess..:)

Andy

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:59 PM

Buggyyy:
    You're removing the most cashed-out items in the Elite Collection.
    I'm sure you nailed it!

Taking Bollox' figure it may be an estimated 20,000 bucks more in the company's pocket in the first place.

Alas, they erase one of the main reasons to play credit games. Thus, if these decrease, the company may lose more from shrinking raking.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 12:17 AM

I find it strange also.  Since the RG's conception, and looking at the last RG I just played, which was #42012.

If you look at at an average cost of RG between 100 and 200 credits, and the credit to conversion factor of 100 credits per $1.00.  Then factoring in 20% take by WGT on each RG,  WGT would have made somewhere between $4.2MM and $8.4MM dollars. 

In other words, got my head scratching why they would remove the gift cards.

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Tue, Dec 18 2012 1:39 AM

WGTpizza:
    I strongly suggest that if anyone is saving credits in order to purchase a gift card please consider this, and to cash out before January 9th, when the gift cards are removed.

Wow that has to be the worst business decision I have ever seen.

Instead of paying out $250 you would rather reduce your income by $1650 when those credits get recirculated so other players don't have to buy their own credits ?

Good luck with your business plan for next year - you are going to need it.

BolloxInBruges:
    If there is nothing appealing or realistically attainable in the elite collection I will go back to gifting away credits to my friends that put real $ into the game.

Yup, you said it.

RSS