Forums

Help › Forums

What happened to my G10's?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:10 PM (31 replies)
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 5:06 PM

Shots that are significantly downhill will also much more hangtime to deviate further than a flat shot.  Oakmont has many downhill shots.  I haven't noticed anything out of the norm with the G10s lately.

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 5:36 PM

Same as BB's comment..nothing more than usual...Also when you put top spin or back spin it will cause the shot to go more awry if you miss the ding(risk/reward type of thing).

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 8:52 AM

No differences at all for me ... I sucked before .. I suck now ... :)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 10:44 AM

I haven't noticed much difference, but I haven't been playing as much lately and most of my shots with the G10's aren't setup to be "dinged".   

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 10:49 AM

marioh:

I haven't noticed much difference, but I haven't been playing as much lately and most of my shots with the G10's aren't setup to be "dinged".   

A question on this, marioh. I do this regularly with the TMs but am confused about what this does to Ping accuracy. Are the resulting deviations predictable to a degree? The TMs forgive enough to get away with it but with the less forgiving Pings is seems to have a fairly radical impact on the results. 

Tx

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 11:06 AM

ive only noticed a difference with the r9 driver. it tends to stray off when dinged.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sat, Jun 12 2010 11:33 AM

YankeeJim:

A question on this, marioh. I do this regularly with the TMs but am confused about what this does to Ping accuracy. Are the resulting deviations predictable to a degree? The TMs forgive enough to get away with it but with the less forgiving Pings is seems to have a fairly radical impact on the results. 

Tx

It's predictable enough for my liking, but keep in mind that the misses are very small, 1-3 pixels ideally (though in very high wind conditions i may look to miss by a little more). 

• kotez
    53 Posts
    Sun, Jun 13 2010 5:49 AM

YankeeJim:
    I didn't think 7 mph would move a long iron that much.

and another thing to note jim, out master g10s are high ball flight :). love them, like darts

• PastorCren
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:32 AM

i have credits but can't purchase ball in my tier group  ANY suggestions

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Jun 22 2010 5:55 AM

YankeeJim:
    but am confused about what this does to Ping accuracy

What I've noticed is that when using All Top Of The Line Equipment, ya best be a dinging the line or the mishits are more severe...They tend to stray way off line.

It is like since ya got the best stuff in the bag, YOUR "A" game is required to get the best results out of the "Best" equipment.

YankeeJim:
    Pings is seems to have a fairly radical impact on the results. 

I guess that's what I'm trying to say...

RSS