Forums

Help › Forums

What happened to my G10's?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 23 2010 12:10 PM (31 replies)
  • pillsy
    489 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:41 PM

did WGT make my G10's worse now that there's new i15's available?  i always thought they were accurate clubs, but they seem to be spraying now more than ever before.

conspiracy theory?? 

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:45 PM

Hi pillsy,

No changes were made to existing clubs.  You are just experiencing the effect of precision.  You can find a more in-depth explanation here.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 3:59 PM

i understand the precision aspect.  i played with the beginner clubs until i made master and saw how non-precise clubs can be.  but after buying the G10's, it seemed like if i ding the line, the ball goes where i aim.  i've been away from the game for a couple weeks (had a baby about a month ago :woot: ) but since playing several rounds (and noticing all the GREAT upgrades, good job!) i've been less than impressed with the G10's.  i'm aiming left of the pin by a good margin, dinging the line, and the ball starts to the right of the pin.  i don't remember that drastic, or that often of a result before my short hiatus.  just my 2cents...

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 4:57 PM

pillsy:

conspiracy theory?? 

Hmm another experienced member with G10's no less experiencing more deviations than before, add one more to the list.  Glad I am NOT on it!!!!

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 7:51 PM

It seems to me that the "circle of precision" has been widened by about 50% and my "bad days" have been lengthened to weeks at a time. So much so, that I actually bothered to send a bug report about "unexpected outcome", which I sourly gave up on doing last fall. I then proceeded to get about five more, just rolled my eyes in disgust and gave up again.

And it`s not just my G10s that are spurting sharply left or right, or going longer and shorter (and usually to the worst possible result) than what I`m used to. Oh well...beta. I think the "beast" needs to be trimmed a little. 

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Wed, Jun 9 2010 8:08 PM

And yet another who has been here long enough to know, more than a year and over 600 rounds in.

Vemmie must have been turned up a notch which we all know happens from time to time, there is no denying that one, when it happens it is more than obvious. 

What is very weird this time is why the amount of people seeing it is so small, usually a big number of people are affected or everyone. 

I haven't seen the varmant for months (and before the last update there were ZERO complaints about it for a good 3 months straight) and I am DAMN thankful as I mentioned in another thread, my most hated feature of the game.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 7:43 AM

mefitz:
      It seems to me that the "circle of precision" has been widened by about 50% and my "bad days" have been lengthened to weeks at a time

Wouldn't it have shrunk instead of widen?

(A great read from WGTNiv if you want to know about the circle of precision......)

http://wgt.com/forums/t/14040.aspx?PageIndex=4

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 10:11 AM

A larger circle of precision allows more for shots that are further away from the intended target; while still being in the 'circle'.  A smaller circle of precision means all shots would be closer to the intended target, regardless of the degree of (clears throat)..... vemmie.

While I am unhappy for the players themselves, I am glad to see that is not just me who is seeing these results since the Oakmont rollout. Mostly so that I know I am not losing my mind, lol. Maybe this will be enough to nudge wgt into looking more in depth at this ?!?!

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 10:20 AM

What I mean by that YJ, is the "variance" goes further(wider) than the usual "precision" that I`ve been used to. If the "circle of precision" is 10yds. in diameter (just a number for example), it now seems that it`s 15yds. in diameter.

It sometimes feels like I`m using starter clubs (except for the general distance) instead of the more "precise" clubs. It was so bad a few times that I immediately looked at the clubs in my bag just to verify that the starters weren`t in there by mistake!

I also Only make these judgments when I hit the "ding" And use 100% power. Anything else is questionable IMO. If wind and/or terrain are on the side of "extreme", I`ll usually not get into a "tizzy" about the results ( I`ve learned to be Very forgiving with this), ;).

Btw, I did read Niv`s post ( great read ;) ) and that`s what I`m referring to. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 10 2010 10:25 AM

I get it. I was looking at it a little differently. Thanks VHL and mefitz. Maybe now this shot lends credence to this.

Dinged a G10 3i, full back spin, 95% power. The arrow points to the aimer. What did I do wrong?

RSS