Forums

Help › Forums

directional marker:grab-n-pull defect

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:06 PM (4 replies)
  • wayfader
    50 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 12:21 AM

My last game before this post was a match challenge at the unfamiliar Oakmont. For holes #15, 16, 17, on all full, punch, and maybe flop stances I couldn't manipulate the direction marker. When my mouse arrow was in the triangle the arrow icon would not switch to the hand. Even click and hold wouldn't engage. whether reverse, or front zoom I was at WGT's choices for my direction. I've done all the cache requirements that are recommended  by the administraters. I'll do them again now but that has never happened be4. It's funny though because I was 3 up going into 15. Going into 18 I was 1 up.  All the conspiracy paranoia from my college days in the late 70's - early 80's where cognizant in my head and I thought I might be playing some young hacker bushwhacker who was having a good time bamboozling me with his pc lol. He was helpful with  recommending using    the arrow buttons on keyboard. If that where to happen again, is there a keyboard solution?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 12:32 AM

Unfortunately, the only way to move the aimer is with the mouse.

If that happens again I would recommending closing and reloading the browser window.  Be sure to let your opponent know what you are doing so he or she expects a restart.  When playing Match Play (challenge or otherwise) you can disconnect and immediately return to the multiplayer lobby 2 times before you automatically forfeit the match for a 3rd disconnect.  Reloading the window will usually clear up that kind of issue, but in the future please try to submit an in-game bug report by right clicking in the game window and choosing the "Submit this problem to WGT" option.  If it is an issue on our end the bug report will help us find it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 5:41 AM

It might be simpler than that. I ran into this problem too. It was as if the aimer and the cursor arrow didn't line up. Instead of clicking on the triangle to get the line and move it you had to click at the top of the blue yardage box. It was actually a little more convenient that way so I thought it was by design.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jun 4 2010 5:51 AM

YankeeJim:

It might be simpler than that. I ran into this problem too. It was as if the aimer and the cursor arrow didn't line up. Instead of clicking on the triangle to get the line and move it you had to click at the top of the blue yardage box. It was actually a little more convenient that way so I thought it was by design.

Same here.   This doesn't only happen at the new courses, it happened in a STA RG I signed up for.

This behavior started either after the initial release of Oakmont or after the last "maintenance".   This never happened prior to the release of Oakmont.

• wayfader
    50 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 9:06 PM

ty niv ill remember the bug report.

RSS