Forums

Help › Forums

Changes to the FAQ - Averages/Tier

Thu, Jan 3 2013 3:32 PM (131 replies)
  • tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:20 PM

Come one come all to the parking lot tees where your puny little driver will need to be upgraded to compete ahh can you hear it.........the coffers are spilling into the streets lol.

I feel for those that have to be caught up in the same net as true baggers, but i personally have been waiting for wgt to do something on this topic since 2009 so to see legitimate action on wgt's part, i after criticizing them for a few years, will say thank you wgt for your first real attempt, it needs to be tweaked but it is definitely the way to go,but will you address the issue of multi accounts as well i mean as one poster suggested look to see if more accounts coming out of  same IP addresses in the days weeks months to come?I am sure you have a way of detecting this things, but am i ASSUMING about you again WGT? I pray not lol

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:36 PM

95% of the members play for fun, this is to placate the 5% that use this site for gambling.  Tell me it isnt and back it up with facts.

• carolineRobert
    1,821 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:39 PM

I had written this in another thread :

Hi WGTpizza.

I had made a suggestion and you said that you would pass it along so thank you for that. Again , I do not have time to read everything here but from what I can see , almost EVERYONE is saying the same thing : you guys are hurting the recreational player that only plays matchplay games for fun because his avg is dropping too much unfairly.

So let me make another suggestion if it was not done already :

Why not have ONLY the matchplay games for credits count for the avg dropping instead of ALL the MP ? That way , I ( being master ) will not be affraid to play a simple MP against a friend who is TM or legend !

And we all know that those ''sandbaggers'' play for credits and not for fun so I believe that you guys at the headquatters should focus on that and not put everyone in the same basquet.

Thank you .......caro

edit : I used to play a lot of MP ( never once for credits ) with friends but not anymore and I miss that because for me , it was a good way to get to know someone better.

...but I saw that my suggestion was already mentionned so here is my question : Are you guys gonna do something about that ?  I hope so because that seems to be a very good and fair solution.

caro

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 1:45 PM

carolineRobert:
    Why not have ONLY the matchplay games for credits count for the avg dropping instead of ALL the MP ? That way , I ( being master ) will not be affraid to play a simple MP against a friend who is TM or legend !

So, if I understand this suggestion: you want to exclude the non-credit MP games from our anti-sandbagger system.... so that people can choose to avoid our anti-sandbagging system, and continue to play at a higher skill level than their tier denotes? Or in other words, sandbag?

This is not acceptable, obviously, so maybe I'm missing the point? I'm all ears  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:00 PM

WGTpizza:

So, if I understand this suggestion: you want to exclude the non-credit MP games from our anti-sandbagger system.... so that people can choose to avoid our anti-sandbagging system, and continue to play at a higher skill level than their tier denotes? Or in other words, sandbag?

This is not acceptable, obviously, so maybe I'm missing the point? I'm all ears  :)

The point as I see it Pizza is that you say it is not acceptable to allow people to choose to avoid your anti-sandbagging system but that is exactly what WGT have done by not including alt shot and blitz games.

By including free MP games, yes you will stop sandbaggers playing free MP games but they will just play some other format where they won't be tiered up. There is no point locking one door and leaving the others wide open. 

Either lock all the doors by including every format or just include credit games.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:03 PM

Ffudd:
    Either lock all the doors by including every format or just include credit games.

So I am confused - are you suggesting that we should implement the anti sandbagging system across ALL game modes, or are you suggesting we should remove it from non-credit MP games?

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:18 PM

WGTpizza:

Ffudd:

So I am confused - are you suggesting that we should implement the anti sandbagging system across ALL game modes, or are you suggesting we should remove it from non-credit MP games?

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

My personal preference would be to remove it from non-credit MP games so the people who like playing that format are not put off from playing it.

Second choice would be to include absolutely everything.

Third choice is the system as it stands now.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:34 PM

Ffudd:
    My personal preference would be to remove it from non-credit MP games so the people who like playing that format are not put off from playing it.

I still think exploring this option would make sandbagging less difficult. We can't have that.

Ffudd:
    Second choice would be to include absolutely everything.

I will be honest here - this option is difficult for me to wrap my head around. I will present this to our analysis team :)

Ffudd:

Wahoo! I'm glad the current system at least makes your top 3....

Thank you for the clarification, I will be able to present this suggestion more effectively now. Everybody wins!  :)

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:46 PM

WGTpizza:

Ffudd:

I still think exploring this option would make sandbagging less difficult. We can't have that.

Seriously someone could join tomorrow, exclusively play CTTH, alt shot and blitz and within a few weeks they could be level 59 playing G20s from the Hack tees. Or just go out and buy level up bars and do it in an hour. Including free MPs doesn't make it more difficult.

WGTpizza:

Ffudd:

Wahoo! I'm glad the current system at least makes your top 3....

LOL Top 3 out of 3 still means last :-)

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Fri, Nov 9 2012 4:49 PM

I think if you're designing a system for deterring sandbaggers you have to focus on credit matches. If someone just wants to play the game without trying to win credits then their MP results shouldn't affect their tier.

You've said that you feel that wouldn't make sandbagging less difficult but I think were you to examine it in detail members' concerns are over players who sandbag to win credits not members who just play for fun.

RSS