Forums

Help › Forums

nike method or ghost spiders?

Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:05 AM (65 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 9:28 AM

Pimpollillo:
    Mmm, it's clear that the only way to compare is to rent the ghost or the Daytona...

Time out there, Pim. A day's rental is only going to allow you to get a feel for the meter speed. The rest of the putting comes from you learning the rest of the putter, i.e., precision and balance. This takes more time than a rental day to learn so just be aware, when you upgrade your putter, you're not buying putts, you're buying a better piece of equipment to get those putts. You need to commit to whatever you get, learn it  and give it time to sink in (no pun intended.) GL.

• jenniferwhite
    48 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 10:04 AM

but they have fast meter speed method is best  

• Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 10:13 AM

Ty for your advice Jim.

My greatest fear is about the meter speed. I know it takes time to get used to a new club. I know I'm going to improve in long putts because my current putter is terrible at long distances. But the rest will depend on me. 

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 11:30 AM

No sorrie's, what I posted was about ego, and why must people say such drivel as "Pro Boy", and "Puberty Tees?"...I AM being sarcastic? Why did those terms even become part of the discussion?  Where did the term  "Puberty Tees" begin within this string?

It began With you!!.....any sarcasm from me was toying with your putting others down while trying to make your point.

Once you said "Pro Boy" and yes "puberty tees"....anything else you said or may say has no credibility. There's nothing ever gained by using such tactics other than exposing ones lack of tact, and IQ.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 11:40 AM

Pimpollillo:
    My greatest fear is about the meter speed.

A putter that does well by missing the ding would be in order then. The Rossa is supposed to handle this method well but I've never used it so I can't say.

There is something else very relevant to consider here. In the Putting Tips under FAQs, a method of using the jerks of the avatar in the swing (avatar moves) to gauge distance is laid out. Not everybody uses this method but I have since I started many moons ago and the biggest reason I use that method is because the speed of the meter is a total non issue. With those moves and the higher scales, you can determine values for each of those moves and be able to use longer scales for shorter putts. What this does is keep the back swing of the putter very short and very easy to ding. Maybe take a look at this way.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 11:49 AM

ur'e taking urself too seriously .. along with my post .. if u investigate my post, u'll find i never used the term "Pro-boy" .. your mistake

if u can't stomach my choice of words or tenor, so be it .. 

also you assume too much about my supposed "ego" .. best to not presume anything ..

however, your opinion, subjective as it is, carries as much weight as any other on this thread .. i made a rhetorical statement not addressed at you .. & i have zero interest in gettin' into a puppy fight with you on a thread about putters, thank you ..

lets agree to disagree & leave it at that, shall we ? cause i'm done with this discussion

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 1:48 PM

chris5214:

ur'e taking urself too seriously .. along with my post .. if u investigate my post, u'll find i never used the term "Pro-boy" .. your mistake

if u can't stomach my choice of words or tenor, so be it .. 

also you assume too much about my supposed "ego" .. best to not presume anything ..

however, your opinion, subjective as it is, carries as much weight as any other on this thread .. i made a rhetorical statement not addressed at you .. & i have zero interest in gettin' into a puppy fight with you on a thread about putters, thank you ..

lets agree to disagree & leave it at that, shall we ? cause i'm done with this discussion

Well okay then, I can deal with that, just try being kind to people, that's ALL I am saying........cut and paste is great even for a puppy...

Oh thanks Jim.. My statement still stands.

However unqualified it is, Pro boy.

chris5214 South Africa
    710 Posts
    08-23-2012 2:12 PM
    Milfshake:

Oh thanks Jim.. My statement still stands.

why don't you tier up ? .. or should everybody answer that question for you ?

you play well off the puberty tees .. although some of your stats make less sense than a titty on my forehead ..

c'mon up to the parking lots kiddo .. the view is grand

All Done.....and have a nice day

• BOBTX61
    311 Posts
    Sat, Aug 25 2012 6:48 PM

Jennifer..........I LIKE he Ghost Spider putter.......though, my PUTTING needs some serious improvement.  I tend to look at other WGT members (other Legends) and look in their GOLF BAGS to see what equipment & balls they are using.  And,  look at their "putting stats".....as well as, their "scoring history".

I have one Legend friend (and I know of another Legend).....their (1 putt averages are 59% & 61%.........so, I'm thinking......hey, that putt is sure working for them!!!

But........I think what COUNTS.......is the putter that really works best for YOU.

Regards,

Bob

• Pimpollillo
    179 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 9:58 AM

You've got to take into account another important thing, Bob. It's not just a question of putting, it's also a question of approaching: if your approaches are good, you'll leave easy and close putts. Then putting is easier & your stats will be better.

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 9:34 PM

Pimpollillo:

You've got to take into account another important thing, Bob. It's not just a question of putting, it's also a question of approaching: if your approaches are good, you'll leave easy and close putts. Then putting is easier & your stats will be better.

That was my whole point (when I mentioned that I was an exceptional putter...and someone stated that my stats didn't support that !!) But on the contrary...because just like in real golf...the other aspects of my golf game needs a lot of improvement !!! So I am not dropping my approach shots on the green within six feet or less the MOST of the time!!!  But for the majority of my approach shots ... I generally leave myself (unfortunately) mainly between 12 to 20 feet...and very seldom more than 25 feet from the cup !!! and that is why my stats doesn't show a very lenghty putt of 50 feet or more !!! But realisticly speaking if I make over half of those one putts from between 12 and 20 feet !!! Anyone would have to admit that ain't bad !!! it's not overly great either...but for some strange reason I could not do this (or 'that' whichever you prefer) with any other putter other than the level 44 'Ping Redwood' Putter !!! Now remember >>>I DON'T RENT CLUBS<<< I BUY THEM !!! SO WHEN I SAY THAT I HAVE HAD ALL THOSE OTHER PUTTERS >>> THAT SIMPLY MEANS I BOUGHT THEM AND GAVE MYSELF PLENTY OF TIME TO DIAL THEM IN !!! AND NONE OF THOSE OTHER PUTTERS WOULD WORK FOR ME !!!  And of course then finally...you still have to be able to read the greens and hit your putt(s) !!! And no matter what putter you have if you can't do that on a somewhat regular basis >>> IT JUST AIN'T GONNA MATTER !!! But once again and with all due respect...that's just my 'stroke' at the whole putter(s) and putting thing !!!

RSS