Forums

Help › Forums

nike method or ghost spiders?

Mon, Sep 1 2014 8:05 AM (65 replies)
  • LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 7:53 PM

jenniferwhite:

guys i have used spider putter and ghost spider L35 but in  opinion the Nike method L 51 is best putter in game u should use that  

OK, then why the h*ll did you start this thread? 

jenniferwhite:
    hi i am Jennifer  and currently using Nike putter and thinking 2 buy ghost-spider is this ok

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 7:55 PM

Just wait until your level 77 for the Nike.

• Grandelf
    588 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 12:49 PM

Chris please share your stats with the rest of the class, and tell us how you somehow never used the as you so elaphantly put it "Puberty Tees"....just, not use em?

chris5214:

Milfshake:

Oh thanks Jim.. My statement still stands.

why don't you tier up ? .. or should everybody answer that question for you ?

you play well off the puberty tees .. although some of your stats make less sense than a titty on my forehead ..

c'mon up to the parking lots kiddo .. the view is grand

• SinkitTaylorIII
    20 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 1:32 PM

I bought the Lev 77 Nike (to replace my Lev 35 Ghost), and didnt like its habit of leaving putts short, especially using the lower scales. I ended up buying the Lev 66 Ghost, and love it. But its personal choice; of my two main friends who play WGT at around the same level as me, they use a Nike and a Rossa respectively, and swear by them (although the guy with the Rossa did rent the 66 ghost recenty and liked it). My advice then - rent it for a day and try it out - i wish i had with the Nike = 2000 credits wasted.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 2:21 PM

Grandelf:

Chris please share your stats with the rest of the class, and tell us how you somehow never used the as you so elaphantly put it "Puberty Tees"....just, not use em?

sorry "elf" .. kinda hard to make sense of what you are asking .. but i'm guessing you are sarcastically referring to the shorter tees ? of course i used them .. as a TP .. with equipment suitable for that tier ..

the post was directed at someone with "Legend" equipment shooting off TP tees .. if he had lesser equipment i would have refrained from any comment .. the tone & inference of the post should have been obvious, yes ?

oh .. and i use lvl77 Nike Method .. just to get on back on topic .. great if you are a ding putter ..

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 2:31 PM

I don't see any reason to shell out 2000 credits for the L77 Nike over the L51 one for half a dot extra of precision and balance. Maybe next free rental weekend I'll test-drive it.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 2:46 PM

saltiresfan:

I don't see any reason to shell out 2000 credits for the L77 Nike over the L51 one for half a dot extra of precision and balance. Maybe next free rental weekend I'll test-drive it.

dunno if the difference, if any, is that big mate .. don't even know how "balance" translates into a better putter .. lol ..

what i have noticed though is that i'm pickin' up quite a few 29's & the odd 28 since i got it .. can't tell whether i'm gettin' luckier or better at putting or whether it's actually the putter itself .. jury's out on that one

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 2:58 PM

If you can afford it go with both. i have both the level 77 Nike and the Level 92 Ghost. Now all things being equal the Ghost is by far the best. But there are days when for the life of me I can't hit the ding on the Ghost and those days the Nike is the best for me that day. You just have to remember that the 2 scales are very different on the low end but the 100 150 and 300 foot scales are the same.

• AbulafiaVII
    9 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 3:33 PM

I had a Gost Spider for a while, changed for the Nike.  It have a learning curve, but after that, it is the best putter around.

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Fri, Aug 24 2012 4:58 PM

chris5214:

Grandelf:

sorry "elf" .. kinda hard to make sense of what you are asking .. but i'm guessing you are sarcastically referring to the shorter tees ? of course i used them .. as a TP .. with equipment suitable for that tier ..

the post was directed at someone with "Legend" equipment shooting off TP tees .. if he had lesser equipment i would have refrained from any comment .. the tone & inference of the post should have been obvious, yes ?

oh .. and i use lvl77 Nike Method .. just to get on back on topic .. great if you are a ding putter ..

Well maybe people like myself don't want to bother wasting money/time/credits on lower equipment only to throw it out for pennies on the dollar and have to buy new equipment, why would we be punished because you didn't have the self control or patience to just get up to the 70s and 80s in level before buying?

I'm a few thousand off level 77 and have been saving like crazy and still don't have enough to be able to buy all the top level clubs, so for you to expect everyone to shell out credits every 10 levels just to advance 1 or 2 tiers then chuck them out is idiotic.

RSS