Hardest shot in the game?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 26 2010 6:00 AM (31 replies)
  • smason77
    464 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 4:55 PM

YankeeJim:

smason77:
    I would agree that the approach at BPB 15 is probably the hardest shot in the game.. and i've learned a great deal from a few posts on here.

smason77:
    Humans seldom learn by word of mouth or post

Which one is it? AvatarLee helped a huge number of players simply by posting his replay of that hole back when. There are a few posters here that warrant reading just because of who they are. Iconian, ncviz, ALee, Bollux to name a few.

To think you can't learn from reading is ludicrous. To think word of mouth doesn't help is even more absurd. I haven't spent a dime in advertising in 15 years of cabinetmaking because of the word of mouth. Posting takes the place of this for obvious reasons and nothing is more valuable than listening to experience. Try it.

YJ, check out Mensa. Take the test and see if you fit in.

Experience doesn't come from advice or opinion.

You're taking my post way out of context on personal beef. That's fine. Do what you do.

Reading is an excellent form of indoctrination. Stick with it my friend you're doing fine so far.

• xSTILLFLY
    66 Posts
    Fri, May 14 2010 11:24 PM

Hard shot, I just try to place the ball where I know I can get an easy shot.

and to respond to Tall ace. a flop shot in real life doesn't roll 400 yds like in this game. it's easiers

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 12:59 AM

xSTILLFLY:

Hard shot, I just try to place the ball where I know I can get an easy shot.

and to respond to Tall ace. a flop shot in real life doesn't roll 400 yds like in this game. it's easiers

I agree there. I have gotten my 60 degree wedge to fly about 20 yards and stick firm in real life, although I wouldnt try it unless I was completely out of options.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 1:04 AM

smason77:

YankeeJim:

smason77:
    I would agree that the approach at BPB 15 is probably the hardest shot in the game.. and i've learned a great deal from a few posts on here.

smason77:
    Humans seldom learn by word of mouth or post

Which one is it? AvatarLee helped a huge number of players simply by posting his replay of that hole back when. There are a few posters here that warrant reading just because of who they are. Iconian, ncviz, ALee, Bollux to name a few.

To think you can't learn from reading is ludicrous. To think word of mouth doesn't help is even more absurd. I haven't spent a dime in advertising in 15 years of cabinetmaking because of the word of mouth. Posting takes the place of this for obvious reasons and nothing is more valuable than listening to experience. Try it.

YJ, check out Mensa. Take the test and see if you fit in.

Experience doesn't come from advice or opinion.

You're taking my post way out of context on personal beef. That's fine. Do what you do.

Reading is an excellent form of indoctrination. Stick with it my friend you're doing fine so far.

This wasnt why I started this thread. Please stay on topic or you are going to get us locked.

Feel free to start your own post for bickering with people.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 1:57 AM

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

ComplexP Wrote:

..."how do I do a full swing with half power?"

In the "Swing Selection", pick "FULL" then apply 1/2 power to the meter when making the stroke.   

Joey

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Sat, May 15 2010 2:58 AM

Joeyola:

ComplexP Wrote:

In the "Swing Selection", pick "FULL" then apply 1/2 power to the meter when making the stroke.   

Joey

Thanks Joey. I misunderstood the wording in that previous post. It was talking about "full" as in a shot type, rather than 100% power

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 11:07 AM

ComplexP:

Joeyola:

ComplexP Wrote:

Joey

Thanks Joey. I misunderstood the wording in that previous post. It was talking about "full" as in a shot type, rather than 100% power

CP, once you can do that shot, buy the 64 degree satin wedge and you can make some beautiful shots. Look at the top replay on on my profile. 05/14/2010 from St Andy.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 12:24 PM

Thanks man. I picked up the 64 degree wedge you mention a few days ago and it was well worth it. Shame its the priciest wedge in the shop!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, May 17 2010 12:54 PM

ComplexP:
    Shame its the priciest wedge in the shop!

It pays for itself the first time you wind up in the greenside bunker on Kia 4--full swing, 1/2 power.

• wayfader
    50 Posts
    Fri, Jun 18 2010 8:54 PM

On all but putting, each club movement is 5% of designated club distance. Example: 9I-110 yds.  : meter at full swing slowly move back till club moves once. .95 x 110= 104.5. At 95% power the ball will travel roughly 104.5 yrds. .90 x 110= 99. At 2 club head movements it's 90% or 99yrds. Don't forget about wind, alltitude of hole,  green slopes,etc...

RSS