Forums

Help › Forums

meter bar

Wed, May 5 2010 6:53 AM (6 replies)
  • HMac
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 4:53 PM
    wgt needs to do something about the meter as it has gotten so bad that the game is just not enjoyable anymore.You just never know when it will act up. Sometimes it goes haywire in the middle of a shot or a putt and the player just has no control of it. HMac
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 5:17 PM

------------->

Search box.   "Cache".

It's not all WGT's fault.

Good luck.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 7:28 PM

With almost 600 ranked rounds you're certainly not a newbie and are probably familiar with optimizing your system, and reducing the numbers of background tasks running.  But check out the System Requirements on the right --> under Getting Started and see if there's anything else you can do.

Personally, I've done everything I can, and more, to minimize my meter problems.  I still get the unexpected stutter or meter freeze.  WGT has admitted to problems on their end and many of us suspect its inherent to Flash.

Join the bandwagon!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 9:12 PM

Andy's right Mac, you've been a member for a while now, and your first post is a complaint about the swing meter?

There is plenty of things the members can do on their end to maximize their experience at WGT.

1.) Defrag your computer on a weekly basis.

2.) Stop useless background, and start up processes during game play.

3.) uninstall unused programs

4.) Download Game Booster from Cnetdownloads.com, a trusted download web site.

5.) Optimize your computer using Advanced System Care, a program that can be found in Game Booster. It's free, and it works.

There really isn't nothing WGT can do with the Adobe flash program, it is what it is. Like the guys said, it's all we got for now. Everyone plays with the same swing meter and deals with it accordingly. Keeping-up with the simple tasks above, you and everyone else at WGT should have a better experience with the game.

Good luck and play well.

*Edit: I forgot. Last, but not least for sure, don't forget to keep your Adobe flash, and browser caches cleared before game play.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:29 AM

Richard4168:
    5.) Optimize your computer using Advanced System Care, a program that can be found in Game Booster. It's free, and it works.

I do all of the above except for the one noted above as #5.  I tried this yesterday and maybe it was just me the program caused havoc on my computer.   I had never had a meter so choppy.  Uninstalled it today and meter was back to being smooth.

Cheers

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:45 AM

b0geybuster:
    I do all of the above except for the one noted above as #5.  I tried this yesterday and maybe it was just me the program caused havoc on my computer.   I had never had a meter so choppy.  Uninstalled it today and meter was back to being smooth.

Yeah, I was afraid that would happen to some users. It seems to work fine for me. Sometimes those types of programs don't install right the first time. Maybe give it another go sometime, and see what happens.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, May 5 2010 6:53 AM

and lose more money in ready gos, no thank you.  

All kidding aside it seemed to work great for the first game or two then it was chaos.  Took me over 20 swings sometimes and just ending up playing most shots regardless of how smooth it was.

Cheers

RSS