Forums

Help › Forums

Experience

Sat, May 1 2010 1:49 PM (3 replies)
  • StaticRoar
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 11:47 AM

Are there any other ways of gaining experience other than playing the St. Andrews front nine? I tried the other courses and didn't gain or lost XP, but then again I did horribly. Do other courses besides St. Andrews give you XP if you do well?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 12:29 PM

Hi Static,

This isn't an XP based game.  The only "tracking stat" you have, so to speak, is your scoring average.  That's calculated using your 10 best out of your last 14 rounds with a weighting on the most recent scores.  You'll progress through the various tiers of the game as your average descends lower and lower.  Any time you play a ranked round or a tournament, your score will be calculated into your average.

• StaticRoar
    2 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 1:42 PM

So when the number gets lower next to my name, it's just my scoring average getting lower? When I reach 0 next to my name, do I get promoted from amateur to pro?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 1:49 PM

You got it, though you'll never reach zero.  The exact numbers for tier promotion we keep under wraps so people don't attempt to walk the line and sandbag a lower tier.  The weighting we use has an impact on your average as well since your more recent scores have a stronger influence in the calculation.

The mark to hit pro is around 72-73 somewhere I believe, but I recommend just playing to your potential.  As you play more rounds your scoring average will improve (or not) and if you post all of your rounds you'll gradually work through the tiers at your pace.  If you do that you are certain to be competing in a tier with players that match your skill level.

RSS