Help › Forums

SWING METER

Sun, May 2 2010 4:58 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 5:39 AM

http://wgt.com/forums/t/6655.aspx?PageIndex=2

Relevant discussion with pictures-scroll down.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 3:19 PM

Not sure if you want to clear everything, but if you want to verify what the startup items do try this site...

http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?letter=&filter=&count=50&offset=650

Just enter the item name in the search box(you might have to scroll down to find it) and it should tell you what it does.  You can then decide if you want to uncheck it or not.  It also recommends whether to shut it off or not.

Have Fun.

• smason77
    464 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 6:47 PM

There is NOTHING vital to your overall system functionality in your start-up menu. They're all just secondary programs. I've had at leat 8 computers in my life all running a version of windows or another. I've done this with EVERY one of them.

Again; Like I said.. it basically only means that secondary programs won't automatically load. In the event that you need to run one of those programs all you have to do is open it. The difference being windows doesn't open it automatically which saves valuable system resources.

Again I'm referring strictly to the "start up" menu and not services.

Geesh.

• JAMESBALDINI
    266 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 8:34 PM

HOW DO YOU CLEAR EVERYTHING PLS EXPLAIN

THANKS

JAMES

• Hoponu2
    14 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 5:05 AM
    It won't help you, they are controlling the game, you will get a good round or 2, but there servers will then change an you'll have to play 45-50 rounds before you;ll get another decent round. I'm not saying that you wont be able to get a -1or -2 in a round, but you wont get a -6 or better again till there servers cycle thru again. Unless you have a friend who is a computer programmer or are one an make a program to stop the meter on the mark everytime. Lets face it, those who are shooting in the 55-59 avg. are using one, they are only fooling themselves, we all know it's just a game an your gonna have those who like to think there the best at everything, but we know there only cheats, if they were that good at real golf they'd be out there beating the pro's every week. So i suggest to just play an not let it get to you, dont enter any tournament that will cost you credits, cause you dont stand a chance against those running a meter stop program cause there gonna shoot -9 or better evey time just so they think they are better than us who play the game without having to cheat
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 5:56 AM

Hoponu2:
    friend who is a computer programmer or are one an make a program to stop the meter on the mark everytime. Lets face it, those who are shooting in the 55-59 avg. are using one, they are only fooling themselves,

Hopo, you've been here long enough to know, that no one is using an auto click program. WGT has software to catch these cheats using such programs. If you don't believe me, try using the auto click program and see how fast your account gets deleted.

Hoponu2:
    they are controlling the game, you will get a good round or 2, but there servers will then change an you'll have to play 45-50 rounds before you;ll get another decent round. I'm not saying that you wont be able to get a -1or -2 in a round, but you wont get a -6 or better again till there servers cycle thru again.

This simply isn't true either. I've played plenty of rounds where I was able to shoot 3 to 4 strokes better than the previous round, back to back. The good players have time to dedicate to practice and have plenty of ranked rounds under their belt. You shouldn't be spreading rumors, and posting untruths about WGT to other members through your own frustration with the game.

• Mem11
    199 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 8:07 AM

smason77:

There is NOTHING vital to your overall system functionality in your start-up menu. They're all just secondary programs. I've had at leat 8 computers in my life all running a version of windows or another. I've done this with EVERY one of them.

Again; Like I said.. it basically only means that secondary programs won't automatically load. In the event that you need to run one of those programs all you have to do is open it. The difference being windows doesn't open it automatically which saves valuable system resources.

Again I'm referring strictly to the "start up" menu and not services.

Geesh.

I don't doubt you, in fact I'm sure you're right, but having information before you do something is never a bad thing.  I've had well over 10 computers in my life and have made plenty of mistakes, knowledge has always helped to rectify any situation I've gotten myself into.

JAMESBALDINI - If you haven't already done so, click on the thread YJ referenced(it's the last item on the page) , it explains how to disable your startup items.  If you want to stop all of them, just uncheck all items under the startup tab.  As I noted previously if you want to know what you're stopping before you do it, check out the link in my previous post. Good Luck.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 2:38 PM

Hoponu2:
    ..cause you dont stand a chance against those running a meter stop program cause there gonna shoot -9 or better evey time just so they think they are better than us who play the game without having to cheat

Well... another "I can't do it so they must be cheating" thread.

What really kills me is that this Master can rank at 64 and change with less than 300 ranked rounds, and yet claims that those that have over 1K ranked rounds are cheating...

Dude, get a grip on yourself.  You've shot  a 29 over 9, were you cheating?

Either prove that someone else is cheating (send all proof to members@worldgolftour.com) or basically STFU.  Just because someone puts in 3 to 4 times as many rounds as you do, don't accuse them of cheating if they can kick your ass.

Besides you know as well as I do that with the programmed deviations, (the Beast or VEMmie) that even if you could stop the swing meter on the line every time your results are still going to vary.

Hoponu2:
    Lets face it, those who are shooting in the 55-59 avg. are using one

No.. they're just better than you.  Get over it.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, May 2 2010 4:58 PM

Snaike:

Hoponu2:
    ..cause you dont stand a chance against those running a meter stop program cause there gonna shoot -9 or better evey time just so they think they are better than us who play the game without having to cheat

Well... another "I can't do it so they must be cheating" thread.

What really kills me is that this Master can rank at 64 and change with less than 300 ranked rounds, and yet claims that those that have over 1K ranked rounds are cheating...

Dude, get a grip on yourself.  You've shot  a 29 over 9, were you cheating?

Either prove that someone else is cheating (send all proof to members@worldgolftour.com) or basically STFU.  Just because someone puts in 3 to 4 times as many rounds as you do, don't accuse them of cheating if they can kick your ass.

Besides you know as well as I do that with the programmed deviations, (the Beast or VEMmie) that even if you could stop the swing meter on the line every time your results are still going to vary.

Hoponu2:
    Lets face it, those who are shooting in the 55-59 avg. are using one

No.. they're just better than you.  Get over it.

And lets face it that just because you ding the meter doesn't make a person shoot a great score. You have to make the right club choices. And on the green a perfectly dinged putt wont go in if you selected the wrong putt meter or lined it up poorly. Those people who shoot extremely low scores are just that good. Because of hard work practicing and experience.

• PAGES
RSS