Wanting to upgrade need some input

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 1 2010 3:20 PM (28 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 6:57 PM

TheAceFactor:

As far as performance , they're ratings are the same

Which is why I said they don't require upgrading, you gain nothing by buying Master wedges and if you plan ahead for your distances you are good to go entirely.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:01 PM

LOL  ok ,  you keep believing that.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:09 PM

Oh, ok. 

So please enlighten us on how the Master wedges are superior if all the specs are EXACTLY the same as the Pro, guess yours have magic powers....

Geez I guess you better let AvatarLee know that all three of the PRO wedges he is using are no good and need upgrading....LOL

When you own the G10's irons, which are arguable the best, you only need the PRO wedges which fill in any distance gaps perfectly ie G10 PW is 115, TM Pro wedge is 105, etc, etc.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:31 PM

You need to be enlightened...I did not say you or anyone else NEEDED to upgrade, i said that indeed there are 2  TM master wedges available.  I do not care what you've shot all 73 of your rounds with.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:45 PM

So then go ahead and enlighten EVERYONE on why anyone would bother to upgrade from a PRO wedge to a MASTER, we're all ears here and so far you have skated the question.

You have more than insinuated that for some unknown reason the Master wedges are worth having, so lets here the explaination

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:58 PM

some master wedges offer more spin than the pro ones..its that simple..

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 9:01 PM

Well if that is true then the Proshop AND Nivlacs sheets are all lying and it would sure seem odd that a whole pile of TOP Masters with piles and piles of credits still choose to use Pro wedges over the Master ones including yourself!  (I know distance holes need to be avoided but could you not do that with the Master wedges....)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 9:46 PM

jayjonbeach:
    Well if that is true then the Proshop AND Nivlacs sheets are all lying and it would sure seem odd that a whole pile of TOP Masters with piles and piles of credits still choose to use Pro wedges over the Master ones

ahem ahem

most players choose to use pro wedges instead of master wedges, not because of overall quality, but average distance rating. It doesnt take a PhD to figure that out.

And secondly why could/would you care what clubs OTHER people are using. concentrate on your bag.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 11:57 PM

jayjonbeach:

So then go ahead and enlighten EVERYONE on why anyone would bother to upgrade from a PRO wedge to a MASTER, we're all ears here and so far you have skated the question.

You have more than insinuated that for some unknown reason the Master wedges are worth having, so lets here the explaination

With your scrambling at 55 % and sand saves at 39 % with 4 holed approach shots to top it off ; NO explaination needed...looks like you got the wedge game pinned down jay.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 5:56 AM

Still refusing to answer, nothing more needed to say is correct as that says what we already knew. 

You were out of line to begin with and WRONG and you know it.  My crappy game after a whole 70 rounds means nothing, go ahead and stack your game against AVLEE with his PRO wedges, put your money where your mouth is instead of just flapping it around with no substance behind it.

If you really think that there is some magical benefit to having a 110 yard wedge over a 105 yard wedge with all the same specs, you might want to grab a wedge and hit yourself over the head with it to wake up.....

My initial statement was accurate, your insinuation is not, someone can buy the PRO wedges and never need to upgrade, as there is NO benefit to having the Master wedges over the Pro if you have chosen them based on their distance rating to not have holes, which is what everyone including myself have done.

Have a nice day.

RSS