Forums

Help › Forums

Driver distance is killing me!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 27 2010 2:17 PM (20 replies)
  • AmAysD
    9 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 11:54 AM

I've got it down to the point at which I can get a 100% direct accuracy shot off the tee 9 outta 10 times, but the short distance of the starter driver puts me in bad spots on courses like St. Andrews.  Anybody have a ton of extra creds lying around that wouldn't mind gifting me a cheaper driver w/ some distance haha?

Figured I'd try as I'm poor and can't justify paying $12 or something for a better driver in this sim :D

Great software though! Love this stuff.. very addicting!!

-Derek

• faithful2thecall
    27 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 4:08 PM

Bethpage is horrible with the beginning driver.  St. Andrews is actually the course you can cope with the short driver the best, from my experience.  I hit the fairway most of the time too with my starter driver, but sometimes I end up too far away to hit the green in regulation, especially at the longer par 4's.

I will warn you, there's a pretty good chance you'll get flamed by some people for asking for gift equipment in your first post.  I've only posted sporadically, and I don't dare ask for gift equipment.  I figure I'll work at trying to cash in tournaments and maybe try to find match play challenges at some point when I get more consistent at shooting good scores to slowly earn my way towards buying better equipment.  You also might want to look at filling out some of the offers they have for credits.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 4:54 PM

Not flaming but I'd guess most people on here are paying $40+ per month for internet service.  Another $40+ per month for cable TV service.  $10+ per month for fuel to get them to places they could walk or bike.  And $100+ per month eating out or buying junk food.  Cut back on something unhealthful and buy yourself a great set of clubs.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 5:10 PM

AmAysD:
    Figured I'd try as I'm poor and can't justify paying $12 or something for a better driver in this sim

HUH? What DMM said. Totally.

• AmAysD
    9 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 6:37 PM

It was nothing personal, wasn't asking anybody for a bank loan haha.  Just was putting out a friendly feeler, oh well.  Thanks anyways guys.

-D

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 10:42 AM

There are other ways you know.  Like earn them, do some credit offers, make some good friends on the site that might offer to gift you a new driver.  By the way, since when does a river cost $12 on this site.  I think you an upgrade for as little as $2.50.  If you are typing, you got $2.50.

• AmAysD
    9 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 10:58 AM

neildiamond11790:

There are other ways you know.  Like earn them, do some credit offers, make some good friends on the site that might offer to gift you a new driver.  By the way, since when does a river cost $12 on this site.  I think you an upgrade for as little as $2.50.  If you are typing, you got $2.50.

You guys sound like a bunch of mildly retarded lemmings.  So your saying that if YOU were the CEO of a company, you make 500k a year, and you would buy at $300,000 Ferrari for no better reason than "I CAN AFFORD IT!"

LoL.. get off your humps and don't take a golf sim so serious.  I was asking a simple question, didn't know if there were a couple of nice gents that had gobs of credits lying around from mass tournament play or  something.

I should have put this out there first I guess.. if you don't agree with my post, or have nothing good or beneficial to say then don't post.  I asked a question, if you don't like it thats fine, just leave it at that.  No biggy boys.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:38 AM

AmAysD... you are funny.  You can't tell someone not to post to a creampuff entry any more than you can tell someone not to look at the elephant in the room.

It's just that in your original post you came off sounding cheap... like someone who would leave a 5% tip for great service at a restaurant.  I'm guessing you're not that guy.  I hope not.

And, as for me, I'd never buy a $300,000 Ferarri.  But someone can gift me the Lamborgini that's on this site.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:42 AM

AmAysD:

LoL.. get off your humps and don't take a golf sim so serious.  I was asking a simple question, didn't know if there were a couple of nice gents that had gobs of credits lying around from mass tournament play or  something.

I have gobs of credits lying around, but I don't give em out for free.

You gotta do something worthy in order to earn the credits (or gifted clubs or balls, which I've been known to do).   Like posting a video of yourself break dancing in a dress.   Or swimming in shark infested waters alongside chum.   Or putting a beehive into your mouth, and then eating it.   Or running through Riyadh dressed up like Jesus waving a bible over your head screaming that people need to convert to Christianity..

C'mon man.   Nothing worthy comes for free.

• AmAysD
    9 Posts
    Tue, Apr 27 2010 11:47 AM

Doublemochaman:

It's just that in your original post you came off sounding cheap... like someone who would leave a 5% tip for great service at a restaurant.  I'm guessing you're not that guy.  I hope not.

And, as for me, I'd never buy a $300,000 Ferarri.  But someone can gift me the Lamborgini that's on this site.

I can agree with that Mochaman, and I can also agree with most of the other comments made by others about being able to afford the internet, the ability to eat out, yadda yadda...

I can agree with all of it.. what I can't agree with is that sentiment that just because you can afford it, or because its not "that expensive".. $7-$13 for the brand name drivers is a bit rediculous to me, and I completely understand if that wouldn't be kosher with anybody that "had the credits" to gift them just because "they have them"

I see all sides of the arguments.. mine, there's, yours... the question still stands though, it was just a friendly feeler guys.  Meant no insult to any of you for properly "earning" your creds or paying for them..  sorry if I offended any of you.  I try to be as non-confrontational as possible :D

RSS