Forums

Help › Forums

Ask WGT a question here.

Mon, Jun 25 2012 9:07 PM (187 replies)
  • shortstroke25
    116 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:31 PM

Hello, My question is how about multiplayer CC tourney's in a cc setup. Thank you

• amb1923
    223 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:34 PM

AGArgent:

Yes or no, any chance at all that we get another HD 18 hole golf course this year?

+1

Related, I'd love to hear anything about long-term plans for new HD courses beyond the US Open rota

TY!!

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:38 PM

With not getting the British open this year, would it be possible to get one of the blitz courses up and running as a strokeplay course.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:47 PM

Have you ever actively courted any Professional Golfers to market this product or looked into purchasing advertising time on The Golf Channel? Right now Ricky Fowler is trending high with young kids and new players of Golf IRL. That could be an answer to your question about getting kids involved in this game.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:03 PM

Why haven't friends status updates been removed from the game client during game play after all these years of testimony that it surely affects the meter?  Minimizing one's list of friends is in direct opposition to the social side of the game. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:14 PM

Will we ever see a WGTYJ??   :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:33 PM

hpurey:

Will we ever see a WGTYJ??   :-)

LMAO. Hell no, I'd get crucified the first day.  :-D

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 1:59 PM

Jim,

The issues I'd like to  raise are business opportunities that could be opportunities for players.

The US Open and (what we've had of) the British Open provide us a core of wonderful courses. While it was sad to miss Lytham & St. Anne's this year, we hope we will see more of the rota.

No, Jim, I look at the Asian and European tours and I see tours that could become more major by association with WGT. I see tours playing on wonderful courses WGT could add as Asian or European championship courses.

I see a golf-crazed section of the world (Japan, Korea, some other areas of Asia) grossly underrepresented in players and in courses on WGT.

Bringing in world-class courses from Australia, Japan, Korea and elsewhere could bring with them their championships and their crowds. It will raise the profile of WGT and also the profile of their championships.

- Zag

• MioKontic
    4,601 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 2:18 PM

WGTpizza:
    To Mio, and anyone else not sure if they should post their question here: do it!

Ok, I'll ask the question, on behalf on anyone else who hasn't asked a question... because I also want my other question answered.

The question... What are you doing to STOP sandbagging and multi-accounting.  Or do you not want to stop them as they are a source of income, as well as increasing your user base to entice advertisers etc?  Someone has just set up a Country Club for players who have opened up a new account, supposedly after having a previous one (or ones!) closed.  If that's not saying that sandbagging is being encouraged, I don't know what is.  And the 'level-up' bars... also hugely encourages sandbagging, but we don't see you taking them away.

If you want to allow multi-accounters and sandbaggers, just tell us, at least we know where we stand then.  The way it is at the moment, we think we know where you stand on this issue.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 2:24 PM

Here's my question, while I know that Kingsford Charcoal (which I prefer myself) is a paying advertiser on WGT, don't you think 500 credits ( 90 cr. payout to the winner) is just a little on the cheap? Not that I'd stand a chance of winning or anything, but heck, does this mean that anyone that ponies up $5.00 can sponsor a tournament ? If so, I run a business, I might consider sponsoring a few for the advertising beneft, lol.

Doc

RSS