Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Email Improvements

Sat, Jun 30 2012 7:45 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 1:32 AM

I may as well mention this error in here also.

The new feature of messaging Club Members, doesnt reach all the members.

Also, is there any chance of getting some text formatting options in this message box, Insert Media etc. ?

Thanks

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 8:05 PM

funnily enough esssy does actualy make sense.

Perhaps an indicator seperate to the 'message' indicator that goes green to alert you to new inbox messages.

this indicator could be next to the Name/ Link of the members country club

"Country club Message"

Perhaps even an alert in the same style as the INVITES alert we get, either on the profile page and in the game window?

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Fri, Jun 29 2012 11:58 PM

esssy:

Now whats the use EMAILS to us to send a message when most members dont even bother checking emails for weeks and they see a message that was made weeks ago about a tournament in there country club and missed out because they have to go and check there EMAILS to be up to date with there country club DONT MAKE SENSE.

For those ppl, everything will be useless. They'll dump the popup information by WGT ("darn ads!"), they ignore all the FAQs and fori, they won't look anywhere to get the information.

esssy:

NO ONE IS GOING TO CHECK EMAILS AND START GOING EMAIL CRAZY JUST FOR MESSAGES FROM HERE FOR A GAME LOL.

Not for that purpose but as a general habit. Those who "live" online playing this online game will have to use the online information means to stay tuned.

Remember, it's not new to receive WGT mails, we get them for general information, for pre and post tourney information, for challenges and so forth.

News is only about a tool for CC owners to bring messages to all of their members with a single action.

And if you happen to be an email ignorer, nothing changes for you. You haven't been informed before, and you won't be informed in the future.

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 12:17 AM

Is there a way to turn off emails about free credits? I don't need an email every time that one video plays and I get 3 credits lol

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 1:18 AM

The new Email system to CC members, is a big cluster F##k (sorry quote from a Clint Eastwood film)

CC Owners send a Email to everybody in the club, but if they have thier box unchecked to receive Mails... It's useless...lol

The other thing is... I receive Emails from WGT Two days after everything has started... Why is this so...

Roger

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 6:01 AM

mantis0014:
    The new Email system to CC members, is a big cluster F##k

Even if they have their Email Option checked they don't receive the emails Mantis.

it was a bone thrown to us with the hopeful impression that they're giving us somehting we asked for, must have taken the dev all of 3 mins to add that function.

No text formatting, no option for a Subject line... links apparently not linking..

Forget it. Its a waste of time.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 7:31 PM

It's still a good idea Shrude, if it works....lol

Not everybody checks the Club Forum (not sure why...lol) , If the email system works for club members then everybody can be notified of club activities.

-Roger

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Jun 30 2012 7:45 PM

SHRUDE:

mantis0014:
    The new Email system to CC members, is a big cluster F##k

Even if they have their Email Option checked they don't receive the emails Mantis.

it was a bone thrown to us with the hopeful impression that they're giving us somehting we asked for, must have taken the dev all of 3 mins to add that function.

No text formatting, no option for a Subject line... links apparently not linking..

Forget it. Its a waste of time.

Perfectly stated Shrude. I mentioned a glitch in this new feature the day after it went live and "nothing" and I mean NOTHING in response to the glitch. 

• PAGES
RSS