Forums

Help › Forums

putting is getting me

Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:42 PM (22 replies)
  • micklen
    221 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:18 AM

brianblount:
    and i bet the people with 50 score r the one with no life and stay on the pc nonstop....so us guys who work need a break when putting.

So WTG make the putting easier and the guys shooting in the 50's and low 60's start shooting in the 40's and low 50's  Can't happen.  First you have to have the equipment.  It's not too much to ask I would have thought.  Then you need to practice.  You can't blame the meter, if many others can play with it as it is then you either need a lot more practice or need to set your computer so that you don't get any stutters

I have real problems with my snap but I don't complain about the meter as I know it is my problem not the meters.  In Links I am one of the best Powerstroke putters out there.  Why??  Because I have been playing Links for 18 years or so.  Even in Links I don't sink the putt every time as there is a shade of inconsistency built in as I believe there is in WTG

You wanna become an ace player you gotta put the time in.  There's nowhere you can get a free lunch, except mebbe the Salvation Army, and they don't run an online golf game.  You want a game where it's all easy peasy it's not here i'm afraid

Mick

• krokk
    34 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 4:13 AM

Hey Budthestud,

I couldn't help but notice you have upgraded to a complete set of G10's, some pro wedges, and the sd balls. Yet, you have the starter putter?

I think Rehill is spot on, get a putter. Since putting is a huge portion of this game, it would make sense to upgrade your putter as well.

Some people still use the starter putter but if you'll take a glance at any leaderboard and look at the players profiles, I'll bet you have to look long and hard to find a single pro or master that still uses it.

• trevorh68
    24 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 4:42 AM
    Hi Bud... What krokk says +1 I recently upgraded my clubs from the starter set when I hit the Pro tier. I opted for the TM Daytona putter, doesn't half make a big difference to using the standard putter imo.
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:54 AM

budthestud:
    and griffy you contradicted yourself....if you say the wind is an X factor then hitting the white line would not allow everyone to score the same....im just saying if i am a 1/4 of an inch off to the right on the meter then the ball will sail right now it cant be that hard i can do better in a straight line in real golf now come on

On WGT you're a Pro with a 75.72 average. You say you are better than that in real life on the course?

"i can do better in a straight line in real golf"

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 6:55 AM
    Rehill your right, but if you read the post the guy states he doesn't have a problem setting up the shot. Thats it for me on this thread....griff
  • griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 7:13 AM

budthestud, i meant about the same score, but i am sure you knew that. The wind is a factor getting to the green but once you have your putter out the wind has on real affect on your shot making. thats it for me on this thread......didn't i just say that, there i go again contradicting my self .

• budthestud
    7 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 11:54 AM
    i do agree with you on that one but also if this is suppose to be a real life game simulation then i suggest maybe some putting greens or driving ranges that can help with the meters for us to practice in.....its true i havent played near as much as any of the masters on here but if you play a whole bunch of 9 hole games it improves your average that shouldnt happen and make us become pro's when we really are not....if you wanna make the argument about this being like real life then they should make it more common sense to real life in the whole play not just certain parts
  • budthestud
    7 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:13 PM
    thanks all you guys for the help and support i was being a little dramatic.....i guess playing like 10 rounds without a birdie really frustrates me lol....but i slowed my putt and aimed better and actually got a birdie today
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:39 PM

There are two ways to putt... move the aimer and hit the white line, or intentionally miss the line early or late to make the ball move....  find the one that works for you.  (Lots of info in the FAQS and forums there)

Upgrade the putter.  That is key.

And, putting here is VERY realistic.  It's all in the 'feel' of the putt.  Just like out in the sunshine.

Peace.

• budthestud
    7 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:44 PM
    thats true them are 2 ways i never thought of the missing it on purpose way thanks snaike......and i am not sure about realistic to the fullest but they do have it close
RSS