Forums

Help › Forums

putting is getting me

Fri, Apr 16 2010 10:42 PM (22 replies)
  • budthestud
    7 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:29 PM
    i can judge the distance i can judge the aim with ease i have played enough tiger wood golf games to ensure how to read a putt...the only thing that gets me is the meter....even if i am a tad bit off it throws off my putt no way i can hit it perfect every time....putting shouldnt be based on the meter but based on the aim and distance precision.....i really hate to have a birdie chance every time and miss easy putts because my meter aim is a tad off its very frustrating....please work on changing this or making the line on the meter a little wider to hit perfect
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 8:21 PM

The best advice I can give you, in your current situation is buy an upgraded putter. Sure the starter works, but if you want to see improvements, you need to get the Redwood or the Daytona. I use the Spyder, but I really do need to switch ;) Anyway, try out a different putter and I'm sure you will shave strokes off your game.

• griffygriff
    597 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 8:48 PM

The meter and the white line are the X factors in this game. if you could hit the white line every time everyone would score the same .......the wind is also an X factor. There are players hitting in the 50s on this site my guess is those guys never miss it! 

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:11 PM

griffygriff:

The meter and the white line are the X factors in this game. if you could hit the white line every time everyone would score the same .......the wind is also an X factor. There are players hitting in the 50s on this site my guess is those guys never miss it! 

I don't know about that. As long as you stop the meter close to the 'ding' line, you can still get a good result. Setting up the shot, imho is far more important.

• budthestud
    7 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:45 PM
    i dont know i mean on putts i keep missing it by inches i had 10 birdies tries so far and missed it by one inch every time now thats not my aim or distance
  • budthestud
    7 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:03 PM
    and griffy you contradicted yourself....if you say the wind is an X factor then hitting the white line would not allow everyone to score the same....im just saying if i am a 1/4 of an inch off to the right on the meter then the ball will sail right now it cant be that hard i can do better in a straight line in real golf now come on
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:04 PM

budthestud:
    i dont know i mean on putts i keep missing it by inches i had 10 birdies tries so far and missed it by one inch every time now thats not my aim or distance

Well missing it by an inch is a big margin. I mean missing the ding bar by a very little amount. Buying a new putter and just practicing will get you better in no time =)

• budthestud
    7 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:29 PM

i do mean an inch on the game wise you know??? so no that is barely missing its basically a crappy gimme that should have went in but i dont hit perfect on the meter so it doesnt work.....i ended up with 7 over par in 18 holes because i couldnt get the par puts in or the birdie ones to get the number down.....i dont wanna have to keep buying things if its not gonna work or the bar doesnt change

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:36 PM

Hi Bud,

I dont see why putting on WGT should be any easier than it is in real life. Lets face it - the guys that win the trophies are generally the ones that putt the best.

I'm afraid you'll have to put in more than 30 ranked rounds to get where you want to be.

Maybe after 300 ranked rounds you might start to get the hang of it. (and thats not counting the 300 practice round as well) 

Thats why you never here the top players on this site complaining to much about putting, or the swing meter - its because, through heaps of practice they've worked it out. Its as simple as that. Placing your second shot in close helps a bit to :-)

After 30 ranked rounds - no way.

jmo

Cheers

• brianblount
    1 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 1:01 AM
    Hey i agree with bud im tired of missing birdies by 3 inches thats crazy!...the meter has been screwing alot of people up on herei had a birdie shot tonight from 18 ft i set the meter at about where 18 should be ...it was a level shot so no hills ...i hit it and it went 7 yrds past the hole thats redicylousi know the meter wasnt set that high...i eish they would give a wider range on the meter when you putt....and i bet the people with 50 score r the one with no life and stay on the pc nonstop....so us guys who work need a break when putting.
RSS