Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2010 - USA WIN !

Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:46 PM (538 replies)
  • seveking
    983 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 5:54 AM

And a second Ryder Cup has finished. For me, this has been the one where we went really big. We had the very best players from all around the world, and even watched a few live matches. Next year, with more live matches, and with alternate shot available, it should be just like the real thing!

So... congratulations USA and well done Team World for an extraordianry comeback, which proved just how much of a strong team you are.

By the way, can we get Infinito vs. Ahudd played, just for betting purposes? Cheers

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 8:58 AM

Congrats to lilrob and the USA Team, you guys are just awesome when the pressure is really on and you deserve to win the Cup as the better team (just by a little !).

To my players in Team World, You're all true champions the way you play your heart out and you fought so hard and never once gave up even in the darkest hours when we fell a long way behind.  I'm so proud of what we have achieved as a team and I thanks you all for the effort and hard work you'd put in to every match.  As a captain I couldn't have asked for more from you all and it has made this amazing tourney become such a special experience for me that I won't ever forget.  

I've just had an unreal time in this Cup and I'm very sad that it all has come to an end.  Thanks again to Seveking for putting together such a fantastic tournament, your effort is much appreciated my friend and I hope you'll be around for many more Ryder Cups to come.

Thanks all and I hope to see you all again next year !

GO THE RYDER CUP !

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 9:30 AM

Seve,

Please allow me to add my thanks for running this fantastic show as well.  Very few of us realize how much time and energy it takes to put something like this together.  It's such a fun time and the sportsmanship we get to experience on both teams is what makes it truly so much fun, win or lose.  You're an asset to the community and I hope you keep your passion for this place along with the rest of us.

• kam4122
    1,695 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 2:22 AM

Congratulations to team USA, tough competition, tough competitors and nice guys all. Made it a pleasure to play, and your sportsmanship was second to none throughout.

Well done, see you guys on the links, and keep that cup safe for us to collect next year!

Big thanks to Seve for organising this, great job mate.

Cheers

Monty

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:18 AM

OK, come on, hands up, who thought I´d forgotten about the awards? :)

They´ll be announced on Sunday.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Fri, Nov 19 2010 10:04 PM

Ahudd and myself were able to complete our match tonight.

It was tense match throughout, I went up early parring the second hole.  Ahudd left his approach short.  New Pin location and his putt unfortunately left him with a bogey.  Ahudd fought back and made a magnificent birdie on 11.  We traded birdies most of the round.  I was lucky and hit a great shot into 17 leaving a four foot putt for birdie.  Ahudd went at the hole, and got a little unlucky.  Great match AHudd

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:58 AM

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 7:59 AM

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:00 AM

• seveking
    983 Posts
    Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:05 AM

Congratulations to Priestess, and specially to Jake, whose 3 and 2 win over Villa in the singles at the death of the tournament proved crucial for him to take the award.

Lilrob takes the Winning Captain award and Pricehcs the Most eagles award.

Thank you very much to everyone who played in or followed this Ryder Cup, and a special thank you to the two Captains.

Hope to see ya all next year at Congressional. GOODBYE!!! :)

RSS