Forums

Help › Forums

Ryder Cup 2010 - USA WIN !

Sun, Nov 21 2010 8:46 PM (538 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:12 PM

Great Try Les,you played your part in a great match,,When Chris is playing like that there are only 3 people that can beat him,,Moses,,,John the Baptist,,and Tibbets,and they are all retired,:)

Congratulations USA,You had an awesome team this year and we (World team) gave everything we had,It was an amazing experience ,the 8-2 deficit was too much to overcome but we had  you worried for a while for sure,Congratulations to seve for all the commitment and ideas he contributed and Congratulations to our fantastic Captain Coolswing,Im going to miss the involvement, Shame its all over,:)

• pricehcs
    288 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:17 PM

Thanks Tess - and thanks to Les for a great match.  One of the more talented putting days I've seen without getting them all to drop.  And thanks to the world team (Tess, portsd, coolswing) for kicking my butt up and down the course in the previous matches!  At least the company was great.

USA!

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:29 PM

A great job by all and I have to agree with Tess, I don't want it to end but thats what makes this tournament so special! Chris, congrats on closing it out for the US team sir you were fantatstic.  Seve, thanks again for all the time spent, it is appreciated! :)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:45 PM

WOW!

What an event! Lot of things to say here, but I'll try and make it short as possible...

First of all to team International: You guys played great! Very very nice comeback in round 2! Had me biting my nails! Most of you guys I have been playing with for quite some time and I know just as well as Vic knows he couldn't have asked for a better squad! Well played guys!

Now to the US team....  Don't know what to say guys. You guys played amazing! I sat back and watched.. lol. Thank you guys for the experience and allowing me to be the captain of the remarkable team! Means a lot to me.

To Mr. Duck... One of my oldest friends.... You played great brother. I was wanting to do this with you since sitting back last year and watching you participate last year. Was my honor to play along with you in the doubles sir. 

I look forward to next year!

USA USA USA USA USA USA

Rob

• geordieles
    516 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 3:52 PM

Great match Chris shots on 7 and 11 were awesome body blows took the wind outta me for a while lol but a fine round by you, played in great sportsman like manner yer a class act bud.

To Vic our captain and all the world team been a great event and its been an honour to be part of a great team of  players we gave it a good shot after a slow start, awesome come back just a bridge to far.

I too am sad its over but look forward to improving my game and try to qualify for next years cup.

Seve great tournament amigo thank you for the work and time you have spent making it a successful event,the livestream idea is tremendous and hopfully we will see it perfected by next ryder and along with alternate shots been introduced should make next year even better.

Finally my congratulations go to the USA on a fine victory well played chaps.

cheers Les

• villadeoro
    419 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 4:00 PM

Congrats to USA team for victory and was a pleasure participated in this comp with a great guys and great players.

Thanks to all World players for a tremendous effort to try to recover our bad start and we only needed a bit more!! but was a great comeback

will see you in next edition and we kick their ass!!! lol

A pleasure

Villa

• shaghar
    514 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 5:50 PM

amazing effort by the USA guys to win , well done guys totally deserve it , 

To the World team and specially our Captain Vic , well done guys we fought it out all the way  , that never give up attitude will stand with us for many years to come . 

Congrats again guys , cant wait till the next one :) 

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 7:04 PM

Great job Chris!  Way to close it out for the US!  Thanks Rob for running the USA show & thanks to Bollie & Icon (my doubles partners) & the rest of team USA for helping to bring the trophy home. 

My only regret is being involved by captains pick rather than making it on sheer merit alone.  That's what I get for going for the 2nd fairway on KI #2 in each qualifying round, knowing full well that if I didn't make it was going to cost me a stroke and a ball.  Oh well, ain't pride a b*&%h!

Go Team USA!

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Nov 17 2010 11:05 PM

Coolswing and I played out our match just for fun,  I won 3&2 but who knows,  I may well have choked under the pressure if the cup was still on the line ;)

Was a great competition to be a part of,  was fun competing along side werk, jake and price, some memorable matches.

• Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Thu, Nov 18 2010 12:44 AM

Wow, one heck of a tourney! Hard to beleive its over! Congrats to Team USA. Hold your head high Team World, you played against the elite.....because you are the elite!!

RSS