Forums

Help › Forums

I made master and I stink!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun, May 16 2010 4:19 AM (21 replies)
  • kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:13 PM
    Ok made Master and since my Average has shot up to over 72. Why you ask, I can tell you in one word, putting! I never thought I would lose the touch I had as a pro. I guess it is the speed of the greens. I have the distance off the tee (G10 driver). 3 wedges and a spider putter,, which I have loved since I first got it. But since making Master I can't make a putt and three putt way too many times. I have read the tutorials and frankly they did not work for me. I have always been able to use the stop before or after the ding to direct the putt. My main problem is getting the speed right, Even if I read the putt right, too much or too little speed causes me to miss more than I make. I think I will take some time off and re-group. To be honest, it just ain't fun any more. Ken Kwoody94
  • jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:28 PM

Kwoody,

The very fast greens do take some getting used to.  Speed has to be much more precise to take the break.  Best advice I can give would be to try the Redwood or the Daytona putters.  The 15ft meter seems to help a lot on very fast greens.  You'd probably like the Daytona more because the meter speed is in line with your current putter.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 5:51 PM

kwoody94:
    I guess it is the speed of the greens.

Speed kills. I'm experiencing putting woes lately myself, with the same putting style.

I'm finding it difficult to even make a 4 or 5 footer with break sometimes. I'm missing under the hole a lot. It would be nice to convert a 33 into a 30, or better every once in a while.

It's kind of ironic for me. Since the arrival of SA, I'm now making these ridiculously long putts, and in days past I couldn't miss a short putt. Weird.

I believe It's the "very fast" greens, and my putts are rolling through the break, especially on the short putts. The game is spot on (except for the meter), I need more practice putting, that's it.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 6:03 PM

kwoody94:
    I have always been able to use the stop before or after the ding to direct the putt. My main problem is getting the speed right,

I putt the same way. Because of the speed increase, when you make amends to it, the early/late hit method must be increased ie. earlier/later, to counteract the decrease in power because the ball must be fooled in a different manner. I hope.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 7:03 PM

I just got to master tier as well and putting is by far the toughest change. The tee distance is nothing once you upgrade drivers. I personally like the extra challenge in the speedy greens.

• imaloser
    32 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:52 AM

the site puts you at master so you have to purchase more clubs and balls to play... basically they want to take your money. I was just playing with someone knew the other day in group play and he was asking me this same question I told him... they make this game so you cant really compete for free although it says you can play for free. It is basically like online poker, play for free ***, but once you join then they get you to try and play for real money and the cheating begins!

I have put money into this site as if I paid for a game now and its cool in a way, I wouldnt have minded supporting this site because I thought the graphics were good and the game is fun. however once you play for a while on the same freaking courses over and over you at least expect to improve but its crap! you only improve to play better if you buy more balls and better clubs, etc... or you can cheat like some of the people on this site because obviously it is going on but wgt doesnt care.

oh well you will get use to frustration and waiting half a year plus to see different courses you can play on as well!!! my advice, dont spend anymore money!

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:50 AM

Imagine that ---- an organization in business to make money ---- what a novel idea ---- will wonders never cease !!!

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:07 AM

kw - I'm in exactly the same boat as you, and am having to re-learn the putting. From my rounds so far it seems that the very fast is actually different for each course i.e. BPB is fastest, with KI and SA about the same. I hope you persevere with it. Being a bit of a masochist I'm playing a lot of ranked rounds on BPB, and have yet to break par

Only when I can consistently break par on all 3 courses will I consider upgrading my driver, as the meter issue has been driving me crazy since turning master.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:09 AM

Loser, for a player who hates this place so much, b*tches and moans about a company trying to make money (those damn tax paying businesses and their profits), then throws in an analogy of a poker site you can play for free, but to play for money you have to be good or spend money" (how dare they, you should be able to suck to win and enter no money to win real money), you spend a lot of time on this site. 

We are not all babies, we can form our own opinions about this site and what we are looking for in it.  Quit your whining, spend time doing something you like, obviously this isnt it.  I dont understand what you are trying to get out of this site.  Are you trying to win tourneys?  Win real prizes?  Play for fun?  I got an analogy for you.  2 guys go to the track to do some racing.  1 guy drives to the track in his factory BMW M3 and gets ready to race.  The other guy drives in his SUV, trailing a upgraded M3 (race suspension, bigger brake kit, racing slicks, and some work under the hood).  The guy driving the upgraded M3, also spends lots of time practicing his driving and learning the track, the other guy doesnt really practice.  Driver 2 (in the upgraded M3) whoops the other guy by about 5 seconds a lap.  Driver 1 in the factory M3, b*tches and moans the whole way home and on a M3 website how it isn't fair that the other guy puts in the time and money to become better, and then goes on BMW forum to tell them to sell the brand because they offer upgrades that he doesn't want to spend money on.  Guess which driver you are.

kwoody, keep it up, you will figure the greens out soon enough, then you will be completely stumped playing a tourney that goes back to fast greens.

• SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 1:06 PM

I do this from time to time in a practice round in pro tier:

• Set tees to HARD
    • Set the greens to VERY FAST
    • Set the wind to "HURRICANE!"

This way we will all be ready when we change to MASTER!!

Rob

RSS