Forums

Help › Forums

One Big Con

Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:57 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • whooshbollox
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 12:52 PM
    I thought this was a fun game, but it's just one big con to get folk to spend money on pro clubs. What's the point? You can't win real money, so you're just feeding the company. Those who are sad enoguh to buy pro clubs with real money/credit cards have a distinct advantage and I suppose it boosts their ego to play folk with starter sets. I'm deleting my account and letting you lot keep this company going. One big con!
  • plim
    1,388 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 2:05 PM

i don't see anyone with a gun to their head being forced to part with any money. like most things in life its a choice. you do or you don't. play for free or pay a fee.  so its not for you thats fine but don't knock people who are willing to fork out a few hard earned bucks for a bit of online pleasure.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 2:10 PM

Excuse me for being a little critical but I checked the your equipment and it is all starter equipment so why are you crying? Yes we pay real money for our upgraded clubs but it far from ego. And many people have won a lot more than they have spent in here. Including the trips and other things that are given in the CTTH tourneys that are free and randomly drawn even a player with all started clubs and balls can and have won.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 2:41 PM

It would be your sad loss to quit now. For whatever it is worth, you can succeed in the pro tier with mostly all free clubs. You have 200 credits in your account and if you upgrade your driver and 3 wood you can win. The game is hard but there is a sweetness to becoming good with lesser equiptment. As a pro, I won several times using the free stuff. If I can, you can.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 3:27 PM

More entitlement mentality.  WGT should give us all a free game...  We shouldn't have to pay for anything.

I mean, what the heck?  It's not like they need to make money to survive or anything... all their employees work for free and all.  I'm sure that their landlord on Sansome in downtown San Francisco just gives them their office space for free with all the amenities.

I'm sorry... but it has to be said.  The OPs point is ridiculous, absurd and completely moronic.

Newsflash, mensa.... you don't have to spend money if you don't want to... heck, you don't even have to play here at all... I'm sure the average IQ of the playing base would skyrocket if you didn't.

So, from all of us to you.... THANK YOU for deleting your account. 

Have a nice day.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 5:07 PM

Why do you feel as if entertainment should be provided to you free of charge?  You are the sad one.  I'm sure you are actively searching for hand-outs in the other aspects of your life as well.

Bye.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 8:55 PM

Snaike:

More entitlement mentality.  WGT should give us all a free game...  We shouldn't have to pay for anything.

I mean, what the heck?  It's not like they need to make money to survive or anything... all their employees work for free and all.  I'm sure that their landlord on Sansome in downtown San Francisco just gives them their office space for free with all the amenities.

I'm sorry... but it has to be said.  The OPs point is ridiculous, absurd and completely moronic.

Newsflash, mensa.... you don't have to spend money if you don't want to... heck, you don't even have to play here at all... I'm sure the average IQ of the playing base would skyrocket if you didn't.

So, from all of us to you.... THANK YOU for deleting your account. 

Have a nice day.

Exactly. Not only are we paying for a little fun, but we are helping out a company that makes this game possible. I don't mind forking over a little money, I see it as a win-win situation.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 10:14 PM

whooshbollox:
    What's the point? You can't win real money, so you're just feeding the company. Those who are sad enoguh to buy pro clubs with real money/credit cards have a distinct advantage and I suppose it boosts their ego to play folk with starter sets.

Wrong here whoosh.  Personally I have invested about $70 US and have won a $105 pair of sunglasses, and a $150 Golfsmith card.  By year's end I will have enough credits to purchase either a $250 or $500 Amex giftcard.  Sounds like real money to me.

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 10:27 PM

I won a trip to Pinehurst $4900.00.....real money and a real $500.00 gift card when I got there!!  The price one pays all of $5.00 to win $5400.00 worth of happiness and great friendships!!!!!

Sounds like real money to me as well :)~~~

Brandi35

• lawman48
    3,131 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 10:43 PM

i've spent about 200 pounds stirling and not won anything to write home about. But the enjoyment i get from the game is worth every penny

• PAGES
RSS