Forums

Help › Forums

One Big Con

Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:57 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 9:52 AM

Spent it like a drunken sailor. Its like getting a new car. You want the a/c option you pay. You dont? Open your window. Theres a lot of ways to get from point A to B.  Ma..

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:04 AM
    Why would you ever take a pass on the a/c option?! An open window would have done little good last summer in California when the temperature was 116! But a comfy 70 inside the car. Give me the Raptures (for now) and the GI-SD ball.
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 10:11 AM

I won a $100 Amazon gift card from a premium tourny I won a long time ago.   I used that towards the purchase of a new HDTV.

And I haven't spent anywhere close to that amount on this game.   The amount I've spent on this game is much less than any new game on the market today, and is similar to the amount I've contributed to various software developers for shareware and freeware games over the years.

Then again, I understand it takes time and money to develop software.   Something apparently many people here just can't seem to grasp.

• krokk
    34 Posts
    Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:05 PM

whooshbollox:
    I thought this was a fun game, but it's just one big con to get folk to spend money on pro clubs. What's the point?

Do you play golf in real life? 

I do, and I have to pay a fee to play a round.  Since I own my own clubs (which cost me tons), I end up paying for a sleeve of balls. Then theres the cart fee, the beer, yada,yada,yada....

I can easily end up spending $60+ just for 1 round of golf.

Here, I don't have to spend a dime!

However, I knew that if I took only 1 of my golf day expenditures and put it instead towards upgrading myself here, I'd have even more enjoyment than I already do.

Know what?

I was right!

The enjoyment I get here is priceless.

So if you want to bash me for spending money here for this game, more power to ya. It doesn't bother me one bit.  I'll spend my money any way I want, and I happen to enjoy getting new clubs to try out.

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 2:45 AM

I would say something but I got here late and it's all been said. 

I haven't been here very long and have a WAY to go but there are opportunities all the while and most of them free

Whether it's as applicable to non Americans I don't know as a lot of the prizes are American related and that would be an interesting question to answer.  Would I be flown out to take advantage if I won a trip???

Just a thought

Mick

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:22 AM

Yes, if your country is eligible in the competition.  They flew me from Canada for both my trips (mind you it's the same continent...) The only thing to watch out for is if there is a cap to the amount of airfare in the prize package.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 8:31 AM

Con: : something (as a ruse) used deceptively to gain another's confidence

So WGT, conned you out of no money, gave you free equipment to use, and gave you free courses to play on, and free tournaments to play in, and gave you free credits for gaining tiers, and offers you the opportunity to purchase better equipment showing you exactly the price for what you get, including the statistics of said items, and you feel conned?

Am I missing something here?

Wouldn't the con be a fake site, that asks for a credit card, promising online golf, only to deposit the money and and the site not an online golf game but a site that uses your credit card for fraud?  That would be a CON.  But thats not what this place is. 

Regarding your slam on people that do, GO F*** YOURSELF.  Go back to your shanty with internet connection.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 9:20 AM

LMAO-Neil telling it like it is-well stated.  :-D

• micklen
    221 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 9:31 AM

Yes, if your country is eligible in the competition.  They flew me from Canada for both my trips (mind you it's the same continent...) The only thing to watch out for is if there is a cap to the amount of airfare in the prize package.

Thanks a lot.  Perfectly understandable

Mick

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 10:57 AM

YJ, my biggest gripe about a poster like this, is that these people exist, are quite common and are allowed to vote and reproduce.  Honestly I am not surprised with the focus on our education system.  Lets focus on Healthcare, and layoff thousands of teachers, increase class size, instead of getting on state governments to straighten out there budgets.  I live in NY, pay 3 times the real estate taxes than most of the country, but my kids have to be in a class room with 30 other kids and 5 illegals.  Super

Sorry to political, just aggravated today.  My games off.

• PAGES
RSS