Forums

Help › Forums

Back Nine at St Andrews

Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:46 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 7:20 PM

Ya, as I thought about the matter more, I realized this.

Faterson:

They say the roadmap list does not need to include "surprise items" and isn't necessarily comprehensive, which means that Oakmont could overtake St. Andrews if it's one of those "surprise items".

• callawayjay
    46 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 8:15 PM

With the U.S Women's Open at Oakmont the second week of July and with the men's Open at St Andrews  a couple of weeks later, I would suspect that we will see Oakmont and the back nine at St Andrews released within weeks from each other.  (When those weeks will be is really anyone's guess.)  I doubt that the USGA has entered into the partnership with WGT where it not able to showcase another event this year, especially when the heat is on to grow the women's game in the U.S.  The domination of foreign based players on the leader-boards of the U.S. Women's Tour is a prime concern topic of discussion behind closed doors.  

Further, I believe that those who wear the R&A badge on their coats would want nothing more than to show off all of the grand Old Lady for this year's Open.  St Andrews is the R&A's flagship and to let WGT leave it as a 9 hole spoof would seem to go against their culture.

• JO8N
    8 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 9:46 AM

2 suggestions...Rotate pin placements and MORE courses...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 10:11 AM

The back nine of St. Andrews will be ready for the British open 2010.

The front nine of Oakmont will be ready after Thanksgiving 2010.

I'm sure WGT realizes their sitting on an internet goldmine with this game. I would put that USGA money to use and hire a full team of developers and get the game out of beta and add course after course. The revenue like today would be insurmountable at that time, and the game would glow like a new coin.

That's my two cents.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 11:14 AM

Richard4168:

The front nine of Oakmont will be ready after Thanksgiving 2010.

Quote your sources, state it as opinion, but please.... don't start rumors.  Speculation is what gets people up in arms when it doesn't happen.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Apr 9 2010 1:07 PM

Settle down Lee, I said that was my 2 cents. If anyone believes anything in these forums that doesn't come from WGT themselves, then their pretty gullible.

• doublebogeyer
    15 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:07 AM

Richard4168:

I noticed at the home page it said the British Open will be at St. Andrews this year. I was thinking that would be great watching it on tv knowing all the bumps they're dealing with. But then I thought.. well except for the back 9. They really gotta get that back 9 multiplayer before July. Is that on the roadmap?

• doublebogeyer
    15 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:11 AM

Checking in the upcoming releases

Last updated: 4/15/10

Coming Soon (30-60 days)

◦St Andrews Back 9 stroke play course

May/June.. sounds excellent! Wow that British Open will be really cool to watch knowing the course.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:46 AM

I think we will have the back 9 of  Andies in the next 3 weeks.  It would be odd to stop working on it just after they released the front 9, afterall I would think WGT would consistency between the 9's, and stopping the prodcution in favor of Oakmont means putting in on the back burner.  oakmont I think we could see the week of the actual tourney.

• PAGES
RSS