Forums

Help › Forums

Back Nine at St Andrews

Mon, Apr 26 2010 8:46 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • RFKimball
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 12:27 PM

The courses Kiawah Island and Bethpage Black are really good and si o is St Andrews but the back none missing is a real bummer.   The Back Nine at St Andrews is a championship caliber test and it stinks that this is missing.

Before WGT thinks about any new courses they should finish St Andrews FIRST>

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 7:01 PM

That is exactly what they are doing.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 6:46 AM

Good for you to have that inside information.  

What the rest of us are hearing and seeing, is talk of Oakmont, helicopter fly-over video of Oakmont, etc.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 11:00 AM

Faterson:

Good for you to have that inside information.  

What the rest of us are hearing and seeing, is talk of Oakmont, helicopter fly-over video of Oakmont, etc.

Is Oakmont supposed to be released before the back nine of St. Andrews?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 11:10 AM

Now that WGT has a contract with the USGA, I think they have to concentrate on that just my opinion.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 12:47 PM

rehill:

That's the trouble... No one knows for sure, because they're not telling us!  

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 12:50 PM

True fattyman!

• raidermatt1
    96 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 2:05 PM

With the way things have been progressing I would doubt Oakmont would be released anytime soon, but I hope im wrong.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 5:05 PM

Faterson:

rehill:

That's the trouble... No one knows for sure, because they're not telling us!  

I made an assumption that the back nine of St. Andrews would be released first because it is in the roadmap features while Oakmont isn't. While this means nothing really, that was just my take on things.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 5:54 PM

They say the roadmap list does not need to include "surprise items" and isn't necessarily comprehensive, which means that Oakmont could overtake St. Andrews if it's one of those "surprise items".

• PAGES
RSS