Help › Forums

Buying Golf Balls

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:02 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ARK2x2
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 11:33 AM
    IF one buys golf balls - in groups of 3 - do they really really really add distance / help spin / slow down the swing meter ... blah blah blah The swing meter being slower certainly looks like it would be the greatest of benefits for a beginner such as me. Plus - groups of 3 balls - if you hit into water are they lost OR can they be cut up and therefore lose distance / spin etc. Thanks
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 12:06 PM

Yes Ark, balls can help.  Buy a sleeve of GI2-S to see your meter slow waaaaaay down and get added sin.  Pick up some GI2-D balls for the same slow meter speed and get more distance.

The balls will wear out over a few rounds and be removed.  And if you lose one in the water or elsewhere they are just like real balls.  They're gone and your wallet is in pain.

With your worst of swings you cannot cut the balls, and cartpaths won't scuff 'em either.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 12:12 PM

As a follow up,

1) slower meter is represented by "FEEL" category. 

2) clubs, not just balls, affect the meter speed, so Master tier irons plus GI2 ball will be a slower fast meter.  Pro Rapture irons plus Gi2 ball equals slow slow meter

3) GI stands for Game Improving.  Many people like the GI-SD since it gives you both spin, distance and slower meter, compared to Tour SD ball, which many people also like, which is spin and distance, but faster meter speed.

4) The balls are gone once declared a "Lost Ball", and they are gone once the wear meter dissapears, they are out of your bag.  If you go through all 3 of the sleeve you bought mid round, they will be replaced by the standard free ball.  Its your job to know how many you have in your bag at the beginning round, cant tell you how many posts on this forum from people whose rounds were "ruined" by running out of advanced balls.

• scottbirmingham
    7 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 1:14 PM

so your making us buy ball so the meter works right is that what your saying?how about you buying a real server and get the damm meter fixed.you will not get a f*#@+ing penny out of me ever again

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 1:57 PM

Slower doesn't mean smoother.

And my meter for the most part is butter smooth. 

Maybe keep them pennies like your saying scott and upgrade your  machine.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 2:22 PM

scottbirmingham:
    how about you buying a real server and get the damm meter fixed.you will not get a f*#@+ing penny out of me ever again
    Quick... somebody call whine-one-one!  We have an emo-gency!

Scott... what you have repeatedly failed to understand is that for some/most of us, the meter is not that big of an issue.  Therefore, since you are experiencing it to the degree we are not, the problem is on YOUR END.

If it were the servers, then everyone would have the problem.  Since we don't,

IT'S YOUR COMPUTER.

As said above.. save those pennies that you're not spending here and buy something that works.

Have a nice day.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 2:30 PM

He loved the game when he got a hole in 1.  Now hates it in his last 3 posts.  I have very few meter issues, and you know what, we are not talking about losing hundreds of dollars, so no big deal in my book.  Is it weird sometimes?  Yes, not always.  And nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

Emo-gency, thats awesome.

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 7:39 PM

how about buy 3 sleeves get 1bonus sleeve  :)

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Apr 4 2010 11:24 PM

JulioMoot:

how about buy 3 sleeves get 1bonus sleeve  :)

Or how about sleeves of 4 balls instead of 3 at the same price. :)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 2:01 PM

I bought a sleeve of XD balls (white) last night before I went to bed, and was going to play a few rounds in the morning with fresh golf balls. I started to play this morning and noticed the balls wear meter was at 75% after one hit on the ball. What's up with that?

• PAGES
RSS