Forums

Help › Forums

Is Andrews too easy?

Thu, Apr 1 2010 10:02 AM (30 replies)
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:25 PM

I assume nothing about anybody except for what I observe.  I see a guy saying the settings are too easy yet does not take advantage of the opportunities that WGT presents him to play the course under more difficult conditions.  I just don't see a single 9-hole unlimited score posted under your history and only one 9-hole single score from a while back.  So, if you welcome the harder setting, why aren't you playing it where WGT gives it to you for no cost?   That is what I don't understand.  I'm not offended and not trying to offend other than pointing out this inconsistency that seems obvious to me.  The only other rationale was the possible multiplayer option for heavier winds, which I said I understood.

Is SA easy to score under moderate conditions.  Sure, but probably not as easy as Kia back 9.  That's why I like to play the SA RG for my fix.

And if you think the conditions should be tougher that means you think the heavy wind setting should be in the 30's maybe even approaching 40 mph.   Yeah, I'll be stoked for that when I have to hit into a 38 mph cross headwind in a RG.   Maybe once in a blue moon for giggles, but not all the time.  Plus you'd be alienating other Master players who would like to play a ranked game at SA without heavy winds.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:44 PM

Just crank up the wind and play with stock clubs..

Wgt could add 1 more tee...that would really help.

The course plays easy because of the drivable par 4's and par 5 thats an easy birdy...and almost every approach is with our wedges.

• SWoods
    62 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 9:07 PM

OaktheToke:

I assume nothing about anybody except for what I observe.  I see a guy saying the settings are too easy yet does not take advantage of the opportunities that WGT presents him to play the course under more difficult conditions.  I just don't see a single 9-hole unlimited score posted under your history and only one 9-hole single score from a while back.  So, if you welcome the harder setting, why aren't you playing it where WGT gives it to you for no cost?   That is what I don't understand.  I'm not offended and not trying to offend other than pointing out this inconsistency that seems obvious to me.  The only other rationale was the possible multiplayer option for heavier winds, which I said I understood.

Is SA easy to score under moderate conditions.  Sure, but probably not as easy as Kia back 9.  That's why I like to play the SA RG for my fix.

And if you think the conditions should be tougher that means you think the heavy wind setting should be in the 30's maybe even approaching 40 mph.   Yeah, I'll be stoked for that when I have to hit into a 38 mph cross headwind in a RG.   Maybe once in a blue moon for giggles, but not all the time.  Plus you'd be alienating other Master players who would like to play a ranked game at SA without heavy winds.

Dude --

I don't play many tourns because I like to play with other people and not so much in solitude. And why should I even explain this to you. Please observe whatever you want to but then keep it to yourself.

I just asked - was it just me or other masters also found St Andrews quite easy? and then after reading a thread where people had posted mixed reviews, I said, I would like the default to heavy wind.

Other people who have replied gave me relevant information to my posts and did not make any obvious observations about me or what I am trying to do.

After about 4 or 5 posts, I now get your answer. But also get a lot of other information/opinions/accusations that I never asked for. If I were you, I would not go around looking at other people's score history, make interpretations based on what you believe to be true and then state them as observations. 

Since you started this, I also dug around and saw a brash comment involving vulgar language from you towards a lady. WGT finally intervened and locked that thread. 

I now understand you somewhat and have no interest in hearing from you again.

SW

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 10:18 PM

:) Sounds like you need another cranberry juice but maybe I need one too.

If you want to make it more personal hit me up for a MPC, I'll be on for a few more minutes.  We can even play SA if you like.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 3:25 AM

Hi All,

Personally I dont really go for the 9 hole version of the game, although with St Andys only offering that,  then 9 holes are better than nothing.

Playing a full 18 holes is the complete test. I think that adding a back 9 to St Andrews would make the course a lot more difficult. Its relatively easy to hang in for 9 holes, but can you hang in for the full 18 thats the question ??

Adding a back 9 to St Andrews would I think make it very similar to 18 holes at Kiawah. On most courses you generally have 9 holes that you feel may be easier to score on, and 9 holes that are a lot more difficult to score well on. Take BPB, for me its try and post a score through the front 9 and hang on through the back 9 - other players possibly see it differently.

As far as 9 hole comps go though -  St Andrews front 9 is possibly the easiest of all the courses. It doesn't make winning any easier though - everyones in the same boat.

As I've said previously - enjoy it while you can. Expect the tees to go back and the winds to come up.

Cheers Doug

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:03 AM

The OP has a point. How many new Masters are there since SA came out? Yes, how many pounded out round after round there until their status changed? I thought so.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:12 AM

That just because its new.  Playing Kia B9 has the same effect, perhaps more so.

Players have the option to play these courses under tougher conditions if they so choose.  Many just choose not to.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 5:21 AM

OaktheToke:
    That just because its new.  Playing Kia B9 has the same effect, perhaps more so.

Heh-Do you really think Kia B9 is easier to pound out low 30s than SA? I don't think so. What hole on SA compares to Kia17?

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 6:02 AM

YankeeJim:
    What hole on SA compares to Kia17?
    Ummmm #8.... but that's just me (I HATE THAT GREEN) /vent

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Mar 31 2010 6:05 AM

To answer the TS's question, yes, St. Andrews Front 9 is the easiest 9 holes in the game right now, with all things being equal (wind and green speeds), IMO.   Yes, even easier than the back 9 at Kiawah.

I find it a refreshing change from the insane greens at Kiawah to the gimmick course called Bethpage Black.

I like how St. Andrews is setup and look forward to the release of the back 9, the sooner, the better.

RSS