Forums

Help › Forums

DOUBLE EAGLE CLUB

Tue, Apr 30 2024 9:11 AM (1,091 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 3:54 PM

BlackBogey:

SamSpayed:

Duphpherer:
    Am I one of rarer holders of more double eagles (10) than hole in ones (6)?

I think you should start a new club for that 😄

I'm guessing SoCalJim23 would completely blow you out of the water on this stat, and he likely made all of his HIO's and Double Eagles with starter balls and inferior clubs - just sayin'

Sorry, I was only noting I had more DE than HOI. Jim and I are alike in that regard. 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2023 3:56 PM

SamSpayed:

Duphpherer:
    Am I one of rarer holders of more double eagles (10) than hole in ones (6)?

I think you should start a new club for that 😄

lol I don't need all that responsibility! 

• HamdenPro
    2,423 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 2:46 PM

EDIT: My 7th ranked dble E, I am inching closer to Gracie's 65....65 OMG!!!)

• SoCalJim23
    429 Posts
    Wed, Jan 17 2024 4:20 PM

GREAT SHOT (Hole-In-One & Double-Eagle) on Wolf Creek's Hole #12 HamdenPro!

I haven't taken the time to figure out how to save my "favorite shots" since WGT made their changes back when we could all save at least (10) of our favorite shots on our Profiles. However, as you know...all of our Eagles, HIO's & Double-Eagles are recorded on our Profile's daily play history.

Back on December 13th, I hit a 252 Yd. Hole-In-One (also a Double-Eagle) on Wolf Creek's Par 4 - Hole #4. That shot is recorded on my play history (Dec. 13, 2023). That was my 26th HIO and my 27th Double-Eagle. That 252 Yd distance is "as the crow flies"...WGT says that the distance from Tee to Hole is actually 279 Yds. The hole was located on the right side of the green.

I hit this shot while playing in a CC Tournament as a member of Club 54 for awhile (left that CC because only 3 members were playing CC Tournaments). And granted, that specific CC Tournament was set up from the red tees...but it still counts. I hit the shortest distance from the tee to the hole (over all those sand traps). This is actually the 2nd shot like that I have hit on that Wolf Creek #4 Hole (a few years ago). For both of those shots I hit on Wolf Creek's Hole #4...I was playing with a Level 50 ball....not an inexpensive ball or Starter Ball. For a shot of that distance...gotta use a premium ball.

Oh, and I used my 3 Wood (that's rated for 240 Yards) to hit my shot. Had I used my Driver, my ball would have gone way over the Green and lost out of bounds.

No way I'll ever come close to catching up with "GracieGirl's" number of Hole-In-Ones or Double-Eagles......pretty UNREAL.

Regards,

Jim

• ScottHope
    10,122 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2024 12:56 AM

HamdenPro:

Nice use of the green there Steff.

You may be behind GG on the numbers, but can she do a comic strip?

• oohaahh
    375 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2024 7:14 AM

ScottHope:

HamdenPro:

Nice use of the green there Steff.

You may be behind GG on the numbers, but can she do a comic strip?

It may depend on what she's prepared to wear......boom boom (I'll get my coat)

• ScottHope
    10,122 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2024 9:38 AM

😇

• craigswan
    31,025 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2024 4:03 AM
    There are 40,000 aces made every year, compared to about 200 double eagles.
  • MioKontic
    4,600 Posts
    Mon, Jan 29 2024 7:01 AM

oohaahh:
    It may depend on what she's prepared to wear......boom boom

I'm not sure Americans, or indeed anyone outside of the UK (or possibly even the younger UK generation), will understand the 'boom boom' reference.  For anyone interested, google Basil Brush.

HamdenPro:
    My 7th ranked dble E

That's just... umm... 7 more than me  :)

• Jenosonaroll
    15 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2024 4:46 AM

I just had my first Double Eagle in a random 3 hole stroke play game, and it wasn’t recorded in my stats.  Shouldn’t it be recorded?

RSS