Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WD in Ready-Go

Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:30 AM (34 replies)
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 2:33 PM

I never realized playing virtual golf would be so difficult, how exactly do we judge ones character when we never know who that person really is.

I know for a fact some of the top players who have hundreds of dollars in credits are donating many items for sale on this website to others who do not have them. New balls, clubs, clothes for their avatars, they shall remain nameless, as they have not asked to be thanked publicly for their donation. Yet if they quit a round they are quitters and have personal issue's. Damn, it's a full time job just playing here anymore!

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 2:44 PM
    ha ha ha, questioning someones morality over quitting a computer golf game absolutly the biggest laugh i've had in quite some time. first it's their game of golf, can do with what they see fit, second if this is some thinly vieled attack on the top players in the game your twisted logic is petty and jealous. if you're thinking ah i knew it, see if they finished all their games i would be right there with them, dream on you mid 60's hack, you could'nt hang in a game with these guys on their worst day. careful what you wish for, and if certain states were allowed to play most of you would'nt make squadouche. play whatever wherever you want, but please do not compare yourself in any way to the top handful of players here because they simply play a game that you and i are not familiar with. gd funniest thread in a long time, give yourselves a hand. JB
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 2:54 PM

If I get wind that some of these players are still using 2 year-old virtual U-grooved wedges that were grandfathered in by brass at WGT due to a heated Forum debate from over a year ago, I'm gonna be steaming.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 9:46 PM

I really don't understand the comparisons in standards between video golf and real golf.  One is a classic pastime with a storied history and the other is a computerized representation of that pastime. In other words, one is real and one is not.  Why anyone should be expected to treat them as one-in-the-same is beyond me.

Expecting someone to treat a digital round of golf the same as they would treat a real round of golf would be like expecting a soldier who plays Call of Duty to observe actual military protocols and rules of engagement when he plays the game.  Or perhaps the gamer who plays that game must only drink from a canteen and should be required to play it for 5 years straight to simulate a 'real life' tour of duty.  Who goes on a 1-2 hour tour of duty in real life?  That's not realistic! 

Now this is starting to sound silly isn't it?  Yeah, it is, but let's go one step farther off the deep end and assume that how this soldier plays Call of Duty must be how he conducts himself in his real life missions.  Starting to get my drift?  I hope so. It's important to know when to draw the line.

Perspective guys.  I'm playing a game, what are you playing?

Well put Nivlac i too play a video game real golf is what i play with real clubs on a real course, when im not all broken like at the moment.That was well put indeed

chippy

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:30 AM

The Internet, it's serious business !

I too laugh at the pompous attitude.

RSS