Re: Average didnt drop when it should have

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 4 2010 5:42 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • F4ACE
    194 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 12:33 PM

CLIFTON:

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL.IAM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING.I DONT KNOW THE CALCULATIONS ,BUT I KNOW SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT.BUT I GUESS THEY KNOW BEST.AND EVERYTHING ELSE IS PRETTY ACCURATE ,SO I GUESS THIS PART IS TO .ITS JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS WE HAVE TO LEAVE UP TO THEM.I LOVE IT ANYWAY.WE JUST HAVE TO KEEP GOING AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS.HAPPY GOLFING,F4ACE

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 3:47 PM

I was confused about this myself until I started tracking my scoring average on a spread sheet.  I found it odd that sometimes a high score would not change my average and sometimes a low score could actually make the average go up.  I began to understand how there was more going on here than straight averaging. 

I discovered that although only the best 10 of the past 14 scores are in play to calculate my average, all of the past 14 scores can have an affect.  For every new score that is posted, another drops out...and depending where any score is in the sequence, another can take its place.  And depending how good or bad any sequence score is, it may or may not be one of the top 10 when a new score is posted.    

Joey 

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 10:54 AM

As I understand it in addition to what Joey is saying .. the most current scores are also weighted more heavily, although I haven't tried to figure out the formula (not even sure I want it).

• F4ACE
    194 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 5:42 PM

I HEARD THAT!!!!!!!!!!

• PAGES
RSS