Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Quitters

Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:45 AM (39 replies)
  • cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:17 PM

Yes indeed  taternater, 1player joined the ladder site and everyone else followed. 1player left the ladder site and everyone else followed. IRC is the place to be if you want gossip and to bully people off other sites, thats why theres only about 10 people on the IRC. AND Misterwgt himself of course >>>>? Oops i better watch it, i might get banned by the IRC "clan " from WGT admin.

Too much influence here i rekon from insiders ????????????????????????????

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:50 PM

cobra4:
    IRC is the place to be if you want gossip and to bully people off other sites

Isn't spreading these kind of unsubstantiated rumors exactly the definition of "gossip"?  Pot, let me introduce you to my friend, Kettle. 

Cobra, if you have any actual proof to back up those accusations then I'd be happy to have a look at it and take care of any problems.  Until then, please refrain from just making things up and stereotyping an entire group of people.

cobra4:
    AND Misterwgt himself of course

What's wrong with that?  Did I miss the day when receiving real-time feedback from the game's most experienced players became a liability?  Isn't that why we're here?

Cobra, I take the responsibility of IRC very seriously.  Any dig on it is a dig on me because I'm the one who runs it, so I take exception when you make generalized statements about it or it's regulars that are inaccurate.  I can certainly assure you that none of what you described actually takes place.  If it did, the proper course of action would've been to come talk to me about it first, not put out broad rumors for everyone to see.  It was 2-3 posts above where you yourself said I was not someone you had a problem with, so why not at least try?

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Jan 4 2010 4:09 PM

nivlac:
    Cobra, I take the responsibility of IRC very seriously.  Any dig on it is a dig on me since I'm the one who runs it.  I can certainly assure you that none of what you described actually takes place.

You realy want me to post what i have copy and pasted ?????

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 12:42 AM

Spideronda,

I agree that quitting is an issue that should be addressed by WGT. Sure some have connection issues, and some just have to go for various reasons, but there are clearly those who drop simply to save from recording a bad round.

The easiest way around it is to remove the 'forfeit game' option and force everyone to complete each round before allowing them to start another. Sure it doesn't keep them in the game you are currently in, but once it changes peoples habits, it will get a lot better; and knowing that 'forfeit' is NOT an option will do just that.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:34 AM

LOL @ accusations of cliques and all other sorts of BS.

What are we, f'ing 12 years old?

Grow up.

Play the game.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:59 AM

And to add, keep the petty differences that are between non-WGT sites to yourselves.

If one wants to complain about an external WGT site or the members on those external sites, keep it on the external sites.

Don't pollute the WGT site with your petty crap.   Complain on IRC or on the Ladders message boards.

Spare the rest of us of the inane drama.

• KatieJ
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 6:02 AM

If your going to complain,, you can also complain on facebook about this and other golf sites. There are also several online blogs that compare website and critize them for bugs and differences. THis is NOT the place to complain about other games

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 7:38 AM

I have to say that I go on the ladders quite a bit. However, I have also (twice in fact) gone onto the IRC. It was very quiet both times (I'm guessing I did something wrong).

There are many people that go onto both sites. I can understand why some no longer play ladders, while some continue. All about personal experience.

P.S. Just seen that a 'MisterWGT' has just joined the ladders, so there's no need to feel jealous any more!

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:42 AM

EllisSpice:
    P.S. Just seen that a 'MisterWGT' has just joined the ladders, so there's no need to feel jealous any more!

What the hell are you on about Ellis /

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:45 AM

EllisSpice:
    However, I have also (twice in fact) gone onto the IRC. It was very quiet both times (I'm guessing I did something wrong)

Ellis-LOL-You can't do anything wrong there! A lot of the IRC people log on and stay logged on throughout the day, stopping in once and a while. It doesn't mean nobody's talking if you see empty chat. It gets pretty busy in there after 4 EST. Gotta warn ya though-those people are major league ball busters, all in good fun, not to mention top golfers willing to share their talent.

Oh and  MisterWGT happens to be a co-founder of the game as well as president. Talk about the horse's mouth-right there to hang with. He stops by regularly. 

YJ

RSS