Re: Ball keeps rolling

Tue, Jan 2 2024 7:43 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2024 4:16 AM

BPeterson8256:

Robert1893:

I don't see a real need to map. I never mapped any of my clubs. 

+1 ...and ditto.

There is enough variation between holes and courses, (not to mention conditions) that mapping clubs and balls is somewhat useless. It will just cause you to think you know what you're doing when you don't. 😂

100% correct

• GreenLaser
    177 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2024 4:59 AM

It's nice to hear from elite players that mapping clubs isn't needed. I was not looking forward to doing that.

It's not usually misjudging the distance a club hits that trips me up. Other than not adjusting for wind and elevation as well as I should, it's usually some quirk of a particular hole that gets me--the slope of a green that I've forgotten about, holes that seem like they just don't play the yardage they should, holes that need to be played a certain way, etc.  I got the Course Notebook recently, and I'm hoping it will help with that.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2024 5:32 AM

The

GreenLaser:

I got the Course Notebook recently, and I'm hoping it will help with that.

I recently started using this and it's a huge help to me. Even a note on a shot that doesn't work out can be helpful. For me, a simple note showing wind speed and direction, club used, spin and power used, and carry and roll, will help me figure out how to play the shot the next time even in different conditions. I mostly use it just on odd shots where I know I am just totally guessing. 

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2024 6:54 AM

It could not be emphasized enough how important it is to learn how to shoot short and let the ball roll to the pin when using no spin ball and clubs.  You should no longer have the problem anymore with the clubs you have and the balls I sent this morning.

• Birdman19520
    43 Posts
    Tue, Jan 2 2024 7:43 AM

Thank you Gary for the gift.  I really appreciate it.

• PAGES
RSS