Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Videos not working ?

Sun, Sep 10 2023 5:57 AM (24 replies)
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 8:56 AM

Sorry have t read through all this listing but I can tell you for me in France I can’t get any videos unless I have my VPN on .

• B1ackadder
    103 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 10:57 AM

I Installed a free vpn and can confirm my videos are now working. I'm In the UK

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Tue, Aug 15 2023 10:59 AM

bossbird:

Sorry have t read through all this listing but I can tell you for me in France I can’t get any videos unless I have my VPN on .

Hi Bossbird,  this is just a question, not a criticism or judgement.

Isn't VPN usage strictly prohibited in T&C of Unity, Tapjoy, and even WGT?  (I'll admit I have never read the T&C of Unity, and it's been a long time since I've read the WGT ones, but I have read the Tapjoy ones recently).  

I ask because I know VPN is a strict no-no with Tapjoy, along with "resetting ad id" which I see bandied about a lot on here as a possible solution to certain issues (I've been on the Tapjoy "naughty list" before for resetting ad id, lol).  I think the reason none of those entities want you using VPN is because you may be able to get certain offers that aren't intended for your specific geographic region (and possibly illegal in your particular region).

I always cringe when I see someone just throw out the "reset ad id" suggestion because of the situation I got in for blindly following that advice.  Another issue with resetting ad id that is rarely mentioned is that if you are currently in the middle of an ongoing Tapjoy offer (say trying to reach a certain level in a game), you will immediately lose all progress and basically be "kicked out" of that offer. 

Sorry I got side-tracked on ad id and Tapjpy when you were talking about VPN and Unity, but both are against T&C I believe, so just wanted to throw it out there.

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2023 2:52 AM

BlackBogey:

bossbird:

Hi Bossbird,  this is just a question, not a criticism or judgement.

Isn't VPN usage strictly prohibited in T&C of Unity, Tapjoy, and even WGT?  (I'll admit I have never read the T&C of Unity, and it's been a long time since I've read the WGT ones, but I have read the Tapjoy ones recently).  

I ask because I know VPN is a strict no-no with Tapjoy, along with "resetting ad id" which I see bandied about a lot on here as a possible solution to certain issues (I've been on the Tapjoy "naughty list" before for resetting ad id, lol).  I think the reason none of those entities want you using VPN is because you may be able to get certain offers that aren't intended for your specific geographic region (and possibly illegal in your particular region).

I always cringe when I see someone just throw out the "reset ad id" suggestion because of the situation I got in for blindly following that advice.  Another issue with resetting ad id that is rarely mentioned is that if you are currently in the middle of an ongoing Tapjoy offer (say trying to reach a certain level in a game), you will immediately lose all progress and basically be "kicked out" of that offer. 

Sorry I got side-tracked on ad id and Tapjpy when you were talking about VPN and Unity, but both are against T&C I believe, so just wanted to throw it out there.

Hi , I really don’t know  , but I use a vpn to watch English tv so it’s more or less always on my iPad. I don’t know how to reset an iD so can’t comment on that . I just want to be able to get what should be available to everyone on the game , ie the free credits by watching videos. 

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sun, Sep 10 2023 5:57 AM

nothing for 2 days now, android in Texas.

edit: I got 1 video

RSS