Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Course

Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:01 PM (48 replies)
  • southcliffe
    8 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 4:56 PM

LOL @ the americans and their brain-deadening obsession with seen-one-seen-them-all target golf courses that couldnt look more unnatural and man-made if they tried. I think its right that we get a British golf course with history and meaning where this game was born as a THIRD choice over disneyland country club mark 17, dont you?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 5:07 PM

YankeeJim:

LMAO-saw that coming a mile away!

LOL...Touche! I knew you would respond as I was typing it.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 5:37 PM

southcliffe:

LOL @ the americans and their brain-deadening obsession with seen-one-seen-them-all target golf courses that couldnt look more unnatural and man-made if they tried. I think its right that we get a British golf course with history and meaning where this game was born as a THIRD choice over disneyland country club mark 17, dont you?

When one visits Paris, the location of where the Bastille once stood, is an attraction. In London, the Tower of London is interesting, but no one wishes to stay there. In Scotland, St. Andrews is a must. It is rich in golf history. One can only wonder what it would be if the American Tour players had not revived the British Open and subsequently, an interest in St. Andrews. One could poll a thousand golfers by asking "If you could play only one golf course, in the world, for the rest of your days, which would you choose?". I doubt that more than just a very, very few would select St. Andrews.  

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 5:38 PM

southcliffe:

hey you dont see me complaining do you?

• southcliffe
    8 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 6:51 PM

No such tournament as the "British Open". The Open Championship is played in Britain every July. The "US Open" as a spin-off event requires a national prefix, The Open Championship never has, except in the United States.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 7:25 PM

After all these years are we going to have to go to war again?  Just kidding.  Southcliffe, you are so right.  It is the Open and the U.S. Open.  Leave it to us Americans to have to add a prefix to yours...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 5:19 AM

southcliffe:
    LOL @ the americans and their brain-deadening obsession with seen-one-seen-them-all target golf courses that couldnt look more unnatural and man-made if they tried.

Heh-My guess is you've never been anywhere near Augusta.....

• TigersDaddy2
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 8:59 AM
    We do need a new course but I still love the golf here and within a year I will be running this show!!!
  • mrbit
    54 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 6:01 PM

cant wait for St Andrews to be honest. Ive heard the greens are well wonky and needs a good eye to putt. Me and my mate love playing against one another on this and always said we need harder greens to putt on. Now dont get me wrong I am not amazing at this game but love the experience of putting, its the best bit

If I could choose one course though it would be the legends of safari course with its 19th hole ;)

RSS