skip nav

Forums

Re: These forums have many tips that newer players need to know . Tip 1

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:42 PM by pdb1. 16 replies.
  • PAGES
  • SimonTheBeetle Canada
    1,327 Posts
    Sun, Jul 5 2020 7:26 PM

pdb1:

Simon . Here is a better list .

Whoa! Even more! LOL Thanks, mate.

• el3n1 United States
    3,272 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:36 AM

I have wondered if someone had worked on something along these lines... but my mind prefers to see things a little more organized ... and it would also make certain threads or topics more easily found in a search.

Some topics have multiple threads ... so I often wondered if someone created a list of various categories rather than one long list... such that doing a search on "putting" for example would bring a thread on Putting with a list of various putting threads versus trying to dig up multiple searches and finding what to sort through.

I believe the thread topic would need to focus on the most common searches and then within each of those common searches a List could be found of various threads or discussions on those topics.

some obvious examples:

Putting tips thread (sub categories... speed control, aiming, ding vs miss ding)

Approach shots - shreadsheet calculations

Managing Winds - distance and aiming

Short Game approaches (pitch / flop / punch shots)

VEM - Variance and UFO's

A - Z - some of the best discussions or humorous threads

Of course even a thread like the one you started could contain the list of each of these and more topics..  Unfortunately.. I am certain there are things I haven't come across and others who have been around a lot longer than me.  I did do a bit of research to learn the game so anything I have collected I would be happy to share...

Here are some samples of Putting threads I collected and looked at:

A few putting links: Tekoma - JCSneed - StoneCold Nivlac - Young46 - AgentBrown123 -  Naturali  - 11BC2appears to be removed) - Gold's (old one April 2012 I hadn't seen but haven't tested)  -  ???Simple   - newer version of JC Sneed on ipad by babzilla33 

• pdb1 United States
    20,472 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 2:16 PM

el3n1:
     A few putting links: Tekoma - JCSneed - StoneCold Nivlac - Young46 - AgentBrown123 -  Naturali  - 11BC2appears to be removed) - Gold's (old one April 2012 I hadn't seen but haven't tested)  -  ???Simple   - newer version of JC Sneed on ipad by babzilla33 

GR8 list e . I think putting lists are more common than other topics . Mostly for the in depth commentary provided by so many expert WGT players . Putting seems to have been studied more thoroughly from every angle and perspective . By so many .

This list Here . Was not that . More specifically for me to refer to or remember some of the most controversial , humorous threads in the main forum ..

When I had a CC . The CC forum had an index that took up the entire front page . All specifically categorized in different categories of interest .

Tutorials and How To's from all over the main forum and our CC and website.

Events . Site wide and CC .

General info . All about WGT , CLASHES , Pro Shop ,etc .

Mostly our own CC events . Stroke brackets , CTTH brackets , Daily Blitz , in CC Stroke play and Match play challenges . SOTW , Single play , CC vs CC . etc .Really more than any single person could play .

Leader boards , winners , next events start time , Then trophies for every single one of them .

And so much more .

I tried to keep it current and at ones fingertips for access . It was a mixed bag of success .Many found it convenient . Many found it too confusing to find anything in . With events changing , starting , stopping , and starting again . Almost on a daily basis . I literally spent hours each day keeping the info current . Leaving myself to still play any events I hadn't played or ( missed ) yet that day . Then to tend to all the messages of inquiries , complaints , missed invites I didn't see because who can see that little green icon ? If you aren't staring right at it waiting for an invite ? I mean who does that ? While I was updating all the LISTS and creating new rounds .

So even though I am a big proponent for specific LISTS . Keeping them current isn't easy and comes with a price ,

• callaghan159 Canada
    4,552 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 3:38 PM

Fartman56:
    what thrill does WGT get out of *** me.

Squeeze your butt cheeks, it makes it harder for them.

Fartman56:
    what thrill does WGT get out of *** me. You need to fix this wind *** you got going on.

When I was younger we called it a p***y fart.

Fartman56:
    You need to fix this wind

It is hurricane season in the USA is it not. Could be part of your problem.

Fartman56:
    You have already lost 90% of your players

Probably explains why A/S games are hard to come by lately.

Cheers

• pdb1 United States
    20,472 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 4:03 PM

Fartman56:

:you stink:

Feel better ?

callaghan159:
    Probably explains why A/S games are hard to come by lately

I wish that it was that simple . Unfortunately it is a format that has been on the decline for some time . Needs a revival .

• el3n1 United States
    3,272 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 7:49 PM

pdb1:

So even though I am a big proponent for specific LISTS . Keeping them current isn't easy and comes with a price ,

No doubt, lot of info there.  Another one might be links to the various shot / wind calculators.... pinhunters version, Bilkos, Kats, plus the various options shared by players to do calcs quick mentally or on a calculator.... versus using complex spreadsheets.

But yes... some topics are not as common... but for those that are... could save time.  But then maybe the search is part of the journey... 

• pdb1 United States
    20,472 Posts
    Mon, Jul 6 2020 9:42 PM
  • PAGES
RSS