Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forfeiter

Tue, Jul 30 2019 7:49 AM (31 replies)
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 9:47 AM

This, to the nth degree. 

I have never understood why people get so worked up about useless win/loss records. You won the coins and in the end that’s all that matters. The time saved is very important as well if you’re under the clock. I will assume that since people play in coin games the coins do matter to them; if not, then 🤦‍♀️ .

• Speedinc
    62 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 12:16 PM

Incredible! I don't think anyone is reading my posts!

Win/loss records have nothing to do with my complaint! Coins have nothing to do with my complaint! Pressing the forfeit button has nothing to do with what I'm complaining about!

IM TALKING ABOUT EXITING THE GAME WITHOUT HITTING THAT FORFEIT BUTTON!!! . QUITTING!!!

When you do that, it takes a while to reset! Exiting out of the game causes you to wait for 90 seconds before you can play again. Why do that when the game provides an instant out! (the forfeit button)

I'm okay with forfeiting, not okay with quitting. I think that's very rude and ignorant. Can't  stand rude, ignorant, impolite people. I personally try to stay away from those types of folks.

Which is why I'm starting my own solution to the problem.....

QUIT ON ME, YOUR BLOCKED!!!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 12:22 PM
    Speedinc:

Win/loss records have nothing to do with my complaint! Coins have nothing to do with my complaint! Pressing the forfeit button has nothing to do with what I'm complaining about!

IM TALKING ABOUT EXITING THE GAME WITHOUT HITTING THAT FORFEIT BUTTON!!! . QUITTING!!!

When you do that, it takes a while to reset! Exiting out of the game causes you to wait for 90 seconds before you can play again. Why do that when the game provides an instant out! (the forfeit button)

I'm okay with forfeiting, not okay with quitting. I think that's very rude and ignorant. Can't  stand rude, ignorant, impolite people. I personally try to stay away from those types of folks.

Not disagreeing with, except for 1 small item, blocking does not stop you from getting paired with person again. It just stops communication between the 2 of you. Good luck
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 12:33 PM

Speedinc:

Some people are just rude that way - what can you do about it? I’ve learned to accept that and just treat the waiting time as a CTTH tiebreaker that I won, of course. 

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 7:04 PM

Finally,  Now that's a golfer who's knows what they're saying. I agree. No time for that crap!

Speedinc:

BOZ, I think that crap is annoying as hell! Quitting because you miss the ding and end up in the rough, with no chance of recovery. Or pulling a 2ft birdie putt left. Childish. I'd like to see the powers that be, make  forfeiting a stat category! Track it and see if the Richard Cranium is a habitual quitter or not Put a penalty of some kind on him after so many forfeits too. Then YOU can block them. I personally don't have time for that BS, and would love to know beforehand if the person is a player or a quitter. 

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2019 8:14 PM

+1 Speed!

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Mon, Jul 22 2019 8:47 AM

SlickHunter:

HackWilson1930:

I do not play on mobile so have no understanding of how the coin system works there. The question that comes to mind centers on whether coins were at stake and what happens to them if there is a forfeit. 

They will lose the coins at stake. Mobile version has a monthly win/lose record, forfeits don’t get recorded. If I play a particular player and he keeps on forfeiting, that player’s record against me remains zero, and that’s the main reason why they forfeit. There are couple of female players that I play regularly, notorious in forfeits, and they don’t engage in any form of conversation, mainly because of their intent. I could careless if they forfeit, but I want the win goes into my record against them.

Get off your high horse.

No one really cares about your overall record or record vs someone just yourself.

it is a game. Why spent extra time in a game you most probably will lose? Many people forfeit when they can't win. Great, THANK YOU. You are saving time and you are able to forfeit as well.

its more important to play fast and get the game over with then having a worthless record that does not go anywhere. It is not like PC where you have an overall record in different game styles and versus what tiers. Mobile is like the adopted child that doesn't get much attention but the family gets a tax write off for having adopted it.

I used to play more coins. There are a few people who you can play and have great conversations with and at the end they forfeit. It is perfectly fine, the person who is bound to win will get the coins, the person is saving his/her time and yours. 

Are you really upset they are giving you time in life that you can use to play more games or to use wisely in other ways? In any case, you should send the person some passes or a sleeve and say thank you for saving time for gods sake. People take this too darn serious that it is better to play in solo tournaments or friendly matches. Play PC ALT shot or match play then you get the record on the thing everyone can see. on Mobile no one really cares. Just like coins, can't use them for anything and on PC you can at least challenge and bet credits that have some value on WGT. 

• Speedinc
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jul 22 2019 12:44 PM

Wow. This is tough!

Mr.Calderon, you do realize that there is a difference between forfeiting and quitting correct?

If a person forfeits, then the game immediately takes you to the main page and allows you to play another round with someone else. Giving a person that TIME that you say is so n desperately needed in our lives.

On the other hand, if a person QUITS, which is leaving the game without hitting the end round button, then the person who doesn't QUIT is sitting there, waiting for that TIME you talk about! Sitting trying to figure out if the internet connection is frozen, or did this @#$& just leave without saying anything! Waiting for the game to send you back to the main page so you can play another round! Because, Mr. Calderon, when a person QUITS, you cannot play another round until the @#$& game takes you back to the main page!!! About a minute and a half to two minutes!!!

Like I said in a previous post (which I'm sure you read and understood thoroughly) I have no beef with winning or losing coins. Or records against opponents. What I care about is what you talk about. TIME! 

Forfeiting gives you time. Quitting does not! I forfeit all the time. I never quit. I was recommending that there be some kind of penalty for quitting, not forfeiting

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Mon, Jul 22 2019 1:02 PM

Speedinc:

Wow. This is tough!

Mr.Calderon, you do realize that there is a difference between forfeiting and quitting correct?

If a person forfeits, then the game immediately takes you to the main page and allows you to play another round with someone else. Giving a person that TIME that you say is so n desperately needed in our lives.

On the other hand, if a person QUITS, which is leaving the game without hitting the end round button, then the person who doesn't QUIT is sitting there, waiting for that TIME you talk about! Sitting trying to figure out if the internet connection is frozen, or did this @#tiny_mce_markeramp; just leave without saying anything! Waiting for the game to send you back to the main page so you can play another round! Because, Mr. Calderon, when a person QUITS, you cannot play another round until the @#tiny_mce_markeramp; game takes you back to the main page!!! About a minute and a half to two minutes!!!

Like I said in a previous post (which I'm sure you read and understood thoroughly) I have no beef with winning or losing coins. Or records against opponents. What I care about is what you talk about. TIME! 

Forfeiting gives you time. Quitting does not! I forfeit all the time. I never quit. I was recommending that there be some kind of penalty for quitting, not forfeiting

At what point do you see me write down QUIT? And quitting a game and forfeiting is practically the same as on Mobile is says "Withdrawal" when you forfeit or quit the game at will. 

You are talking about people who hope you time out and lose the game. That is entirely different. Then they are wasting your time and also their in hopes they get the coins and most probably will not anyways. 

We call that people trying to "GLITCH" you. Not QUITTING NOR FORFEITING. So it's entirely different. When they try to time you or and stuff like that, then it is annoying and in the lower coin rooms it happens too often. Once you get to higher ones, it happens less frequently. Part of the game unfortunately.

• Speedinc
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jul 22 2019 1:29 PM

Gotcha. If there are thousands of folks like you who don't understand that there IS a difference between  forfeiting and quitting, then there's no reason to discuss a solution to the problem, because there is no problem. My bad. Just me reading something into it that's not there.

RSS