Forums

Help › Forums

Forfeiter

Tue, Jul 30 2019 7:49 AM (31 replies)
  • BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 5:01 AM

I'm posting this in the forums because of how unbelievable i find this to be. Just finished playing a tour legend with a 55avg. We were playing back side of oly,in shanghai room. We are tied at 3 under on the 17th hole,he misses a birdie putt,i've got 2 ft for mine,and he pulls the plug! Then he blocks me, we had no chating during the match,so there was no reason to block me. What kind of behavior is this from a TOUR LEGEND with a 55 avg?

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 9:14 AM

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 11:17 AM

Unfortunately they can forfeit just because it’s how they play their game. There’s  nothing we can do about that, it’s built it the game..Bad part I don’t like, we don’t get the credit for the win. What I do, I try to remember who forfeit on me, and I return the favor when I play them again. 

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 1:01 PM

Slick,ty for your reply and i'm 100% on board with you. My issues about this guy are 2 maybe 3 fold. #1 from a competitive stand point why forfeit with one hole to play and only down 1 stroke(remember this guy has a 55 avg)? #2 he then goes and blocks ME,for no reason! #3 I looked up his score history this guy is the ultimate red tee 55 avg!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Sun, Jun 9 2019 2:14 PM

SlickHunter:

Unfortunately they can forfeit just because it’s how they play their game. There’s  nothing we can do about that, it’s built it the game..Bad part I don’t like, we don’t get the credit for the win. What I do, I try to remember who forfeit on me, and I return the favor when I play them again. 

The explanation I was given on wins and losses, was simply this;

Since the game wasnt completed, you technically didnt win, but nether did you lose, but because it wasnt completed, therefore  the program cannot distinguish between  a win or a loss.  It sounds viable, if its right or not, doesnt matter,  it still remains that you wont get credit for the win,   Sorry

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 3:49 AM

Luckystar5:

SlickHunter:

The explanation I was given on wins and losses, was simply this;

Since the game wasnt completed, you technically didnt win, but nether did you lose, but because it wasnt completed, therefore  the program cannot distinguish between  a win or a loss.  It sounds viable, if its right or not, doesnt matter,  it still remains that you wont get credit for the win,   Sorry

Forfeiting a game means you accept a loss, and a win should be recorded. If WGT implement this into the system, discussion about forfeits will lessen.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 4:58 AM

I do not play on mobile so have no understanding of how the coin system works there. The question that comes to mind centers on whether coins were at stake and what happens to them if there is a forfeit. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 6:20 AM

HackWilson1930:

I do not play on mobile so have no understanding of how the coin system works there. The question that comes to mind centers on whether coins were at stake and what happens to them if there is a forfeit. 

They will lose the coins at stake. Mobile version has a monthly win/lose record, forfeits don’t get recorded. If I play a particular player and he keeps on forfeiting, that player’s record against me remains zero, and that’s the main reason why they forfeit. There are couple of female players that I play regularly, notorious in forfeits, and they don’t engage in any form of conversation, mainly because of their intent. I could careless if they forfeit, but I want the win goes into my record against them.

• Speedinc
    62 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 7:07 AM

On the mobile site, playing for coins, you loose them when you forfeit. You (the non quitter) have to wait for the game to reset in order to not lose them.

This reset is where the frustration comes in. Usually takes up to 2 minutes which is a long time on the Mobile app when we're conditioned to take a shot within 45 seconds.

Now, quitting because there's someone breaking into your house, or your wife is smoking hot and her headache has disappeared, I'm okay with that. Its the clown who checks out after three strokes in the bunker! The idiot knows the game is over and doesn't play it out. I think you could identify that dirt bag by tracking how many times he/she has done it.(Quite) After so many forfeits, they get a scarlett 'Q' placed on their profile! For all to see!

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Jun 10 2019 7:19 AM
    Personnally, I'm ok with someone quitting, espically if it's early, it gives me more time to play more games, under the sponsorship time limit. I only play during turf wars, I just don't see what the big deal is about having another win in your hip pocket, I just want the coin count for my club. Other than the coins it gets you nothing. Dragging it out before quitting, yes it's flusterating, just a fact that won't change. This is why I only play a 1 hole room, they can't drag it out too long. Lol
RSS