Help › Forums

Re: Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 12:06 PM

fmagnets:

kavvz:

I was just thinking that Naturali should have received a little something for making the final and finishing 2nd no?   $1000 in gift cards for the winner but nothing for runner up seems a bit odd.  Maybe he did though...?  

I agree. Although you should have seen the amount of beer he and his entourage managed to get through!

Perhaps it ended up being > $1,000 after all.  :)  Champ how was that bar bill?   ;)

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 12:29 PM

birchi:

maoriand1:
    i think it's time to give him the TOUR CHAMPION tier

Absolutely, put him in that tier all by himself, then we don't have to bother with him in the weekly and monthly Champion tier tournaments anymore :)

Simon, That's frigg'in hilarious.  If they upped his tier he'd have no one to play with but himself...or Icon.  Mags would be mad.  

fmagnets:

kavvz:

I was just thinking that Naturali should have received a little something for making the final and finishing 2nd no?   $1000 in gift cards for the winner but nothing for runner up seems a bit odd.  Maybe he did though...?  

I agree. Although you should have seen the amount of beer he and his entourage managed to get through!

Yeah, but we have to admit, WGT took good care of us all in the alcohol and food departments...it wasn't just beer...we had no limits...that was PRICELESS!  But in hindsight, they should've had a runner up prize...$250 on a TopGolf gift card or something. 

Glenda and I had a bar tab, and I know for a fact Danny and his entourage also ran up their own individual bar tabs while waiting for WGT to arrive (late) on Friday.  So TopGolf actually profited off of us, and, I bet Danny took an overall loss for appearing.  ;-(

I'm sure the event, and your appearances, generated increased revenue for TopGolf.  A cut of the profits should have been included in your contracts too. ;-/

kavvz:
    Perhaps it ended up being > $1,000 after all.  :)  Champ how was that bar bill?   ;)

With tip Saturday's tab cost them almost $?00...and that didn't include the 2 bays we had to golf in all day.  I'm sure Friday's tally was easily at least double that...so $?000...especially with all the bourbon and vodka we were knocking back. Thank you WGT/TopGolf!!!!

P.S. Champion did not have the authority to pay the bill...but he alone put a good dent in the WGT budget...that's for damn sure.  He actually started us off on Friday.  Thank you Champion!!!!  You're definitely one funny azz dude...and a great guy for all you WGTers out there...believe me when I say it. 

P.P.S.  We can thank the WGT execs who came to Atlanta for covering all those costs.  Thank you WGT for EVERYTHING you did to make the event very special!!!!!

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 12:43 PM

*Note to self*

Somehow someway be in the Atlanta area September 22-ish, 2019.

:)

• Ladychipper
    22,689 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 12:51 PM

Hi Mags,

I see you made it home okay.  Bet you are glad to be back there. Thanks for coming all that way to play.

I started to say "What about Paul,  did he get anything for the commentary?", but I see you all managed to get compensated quite nicely.  LOL!  :-)

• Ladychipper
    22,689 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 12:54 PM

Next year I hope it is played in Alpharetta instead of midtown.  Hint! Hint! 

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 1:01 PM

Ladychipper:
    I started to say "What about Paul,  did he get anything for the commentary?",

WGT/TopGolf went OVER-THE-TOP for me and my family and I thank the execs who came to Atlanta from the bottom of my heart.  We were treated like royalty.  They are a class act all the way!  Glenda, Indy, and I can't say "Thank You WGT" enough!

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 1:30 PM

pmm711:

Mags DOES NOT have a Golden Putter...he was loaned one to try for a period of time but liked the slower speed of the putter he has in his bag as it generates a higher ding rate.

Thanks for the correction, Paul.  I remembered Mags posting about how he wasn't overly impressed with the Golden Grail...and mistakenly assumed he'd dipped into his 8 billion credits (sic...for all the pedants out there), and actually bought it.  :-)

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 2:30 PM
    birchi:

maoriand1:
    i think it's time to give him the TOUR CHAMPION tier

Absolutely, put him in that tier all by himself, then we don't have to bother with him in the weekly and monthly Champion tier tournaments anymore :)

He deserves that tier.. maybe they can let him play in the champion tier.. the TChampiom tier can t be earned playing.. i read somewhere that wgt should invite players to get that tier.. i have no problem to lose again against him even if he has the TC tier.. 😂😂😂 it s just for prestige.. and i think he would be proud to get this reward by wgt.
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM

Super cool!  Was just able to watch the last of the back 9.  Tried watching some today at work but with no sound it was not as much fun.  The commentary was the "cherry on top".  Well done all!

RSS