Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Join WGT in Atlanta for VUSAm Live! *UPDATED* Now with Streaming Links

Tue, Sep 25 2018 4:31 PM (178 replies)
  • pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 6:54 AM

wleiss:

Well that was fun. Congrats Fmagnets. Well played sir. You too Danny. Not easy to beat a legend. WGT, you Last Minute Louied it, but it came off reasonably well.  No video early on Twitch was a problem. Practice makes perfect. I am assuming the Augusta National thing was somebody's idea of a joke? Anybody?

wleiss, So sorry for my liquor lip keyboard outburst joke earlier a few days ago. If you go through this thread you’ll see I retracted that statement by saying “I think the alcohol was talking”.  Folks who know me (and the game) knew that was a purely BS statement.  Sorry you missed the joke.

But Wolf Creek is upcoming at some point and based on our talks with the WGT execs who were present in Atlanta it’s going to be a superb release.

Cabo & Whistler...there are many reasons why they can’t be played for free. We should accept this and stop complaining. If the WGT execs could, they’d give us every course in the world tomorrow for free. Don’t for a minute think otherwise.

WGT wants to do everything in their power to ensure we all have a great user experience while playing the game. They just can’t do what they want when it comes to golf course choices and design as the business is a bit more complex to run than we as players may think.

And, I'll tell you this, WGT has some of the best gaming leaders running the company. They are true professionals with a passion for golf and you’d all have a different perspective after meeting/talking with them in person. I think everyone should stop complaining, play the game in an honorable manner, and feel content knowing the WGT leaders are working hard every single day to improve the experience for all of us. They are truly working diligently FOR US, not against us.

Thank you WGT & TopGolf for what we currently have, and for what’s coming in the future!

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 8:05 AM

Here is a link to the replay of the fmagnets vs. Naturali VUSAm event for those who missed it...

https://www.facebook.com/USGA/videos/529331904205099/

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 9:22 AM

pmm711:

Here is a link to the replay of the fmagnets vs. Naturali VUSAm event or those who missed it...

https://www.facebook.com/USGA/videos/529331904205099/

Those that can't watch that, here is another link that I found this morning.

https://youtu.be/QPiq_LEdcs8

Beware of the sound, if you turn it up to hear, it will get really loud at about 5 minutes.

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 9:28 AM

justacowboy:

who ever this paul guy is .....  you were very very good ! ! ! !

That would be this guy

• wleiss
    6,271 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 11:31 AM

Thanks for clearing that up Paul. Apparently I wasn't the only one that didn't get the joke or read the thread carefully enough to see the retraction, since I began to see references to getting Augusta elsewhere on WGT. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Sep 23 2018 7:41 PM

From what we could see on the broadcasts, it was a great event.  Well done, WGT, TopGolf and the USGA.  Well done Paul on the commentary. 

Nicely played Naturali and congrats to Mags for the win. 

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:35 AM

Congrats Mags on the win, great entertainment, great commentary, it was a win win :) 

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:44 AM

justacowboy:
    who ever this paul guy is .....  you were very very good ! ! ! !

I find it  very hard to believe anyone would take the time out of their lifes to watch two guys play a dumb video game  .

United States
    1,320 Posts
    09-12-2018 11:38 AM
  • twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 8:45 AM

hmmm...

lol

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Mon, Sep 24 2018 10:09 AM
    twinponds169:

hmmm...

lol

I’d like to think the pre-event hype had a factor on why he changed his mind. I’m glad he did as it was truly a great event for the entire WGT community.
RSS