Re: Browser Advice Plea

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 21 2017 2:54 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,105 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 1:31 PM
    giraldin:
    How could you have inserted that image if wgt deleted INSERT MEDIA?
    Hello giraldin,

The insert media button, along with all the other buttons on the missing toolbar, are just an easy way to add content to a webpage without the user having to learn about HTML or CSS (HyperText Markup Language & Cascading Style Sheets).

It does not mean that content can no longer be added to the webpage, because it can. It's just not as easy as it was.

Have a look here for some more help.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 1:36 PM
    giraldin:
    How could you have inserted that image if wgt deleted INSERT MEDIA?
    Scott Hope gave a workaround, how to do it
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 1:42 AM
    @ Egimatist: I reread the FAQs on the Pale Moon web site and found the following info:

How do I update Pale Moon? Pale Moon has a built-in update checker. If you let Pale Moon automatically check for updates (which occurs every other day by default), you will be notified and given the option to download and install the later version from within the browser. You can also manually check and start the update from Pale Moon's Help -> About dialog box.

I did look but found no automatic update control tab or anything like that. I apparently mis-remembered about the settings. So it should offer you a chance to auto update. If so, just decline. I hope that helps a bit more.

• Enigmatist
    57 Posts
    Sat, Oct 21 2017 2:54 AM

phred952:
    @ Egimatist: I reread the FAQs on the Pale Moon web site and found the following info:

How do I update Pale Moon? Pale Moon has a built-in update checker. If you let Pale Moon automatically check for updates (which occurs every other day by default), you will be notified and given the option to download and install the later version from within the browser. You can also manually check and start the update from Pale Moon's Help -> About dialog box.

I did look but found no automatic update control tab or anything like that. I apparently mis-remembered about the settings. So it should offer you a chance to auto update. If so, just decline. I hope that helps a bit more.

Many thanks again phred. I,ll definitely take the advice of your last sentence. DECLINE UPDATE!! 

• PAGES
RSS