Help › Forums

Re: Actions against Foul mouth players

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 6 2011 12:16 PM (25 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 8:47 AM

Mariannegolo:

Being a female player, it seems I am leaving myself open to all kinds of sexual advances, and lewd behavior and talk. I am trying to level up to pro but not the oldest profession type.Someone by the name micmactac is only interested in talking about his own physical attributes. Say no if he wants to friend you.

Mariannegolo 

Just follow TheAceFactor's advice and report it. It will get dealt with. 95% of the people I have played with are awesome. 5% were donkeys, and were told so, and then disconnected. If it ever went further, they got reported, problem over.

Good luck leveling up Mariannegolo

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 8:51 AM

As for the original post, no one needs to put up with a potty mouth. I get upset just like everyone else when things don't go my way, but I never would say anything about it. If someone is being abusive, report them. If they are saying something you find offensive, my suggestion is just close your chat window, the silence kills morons.

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 9:17 AM

Golf, or Links as it were, has always been a gentleman's game.  The rules of etiquette have been long standing for over a century.  That being said,  with this being the most realistic HD game, the etiquette is no different.  Herein lies the problem - it's online and  there's no policing other than by the offended.  A sad state of affairs really but nonetheless that's the case.  There's a lot of still-living-in-my-parent's-basement billy-bad arses out there that have no clue when it comes to discipline, discretion or manners.  For all intensive purposes they lack any measureable scruples and intestinal fortitude.

I've found it gratifying, and game ending most of the time, to cut them to the quick without warning by challenging their intellect and manhood.  True to form most quit with a certain haste.  Some do however apologize and finish the game without further incident.  I would not recommend such for the typical female player however.  Upon discovery of such an offender the best thing to do is to save a screen shot of the offensive comments made during play and email it to member@worldgolftour.com

• billcliff
    2,616 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 11:30 AM

Well put bravo.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 11:43 AM

Ok, now for something completely different...  Just to derail this thread for a moment.

Steelers, I really admire your writing and expressive discourse, but you've nailed one of my pet peeves to the wall and I'm feeling the need to correct it... please don't take offense.

Steelers75:
    For all intensive purposes
    should read:

"For all intents and purposes..."  (a source)

And oh, by the way, the email address should be members@worldgolftour.com ... "members" is plural.

.... and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Fri, May 6 2011 12:16 PM

Damn English Teachers! LOL  Believe it or not I make errors intentionally from time to time; baiting someone that surfaced during your haitus.  However on this post, meaning good and well, I didn't catch those two... there goes my Nobel for literature.

Good form on you for the catch!

And now back to our regularly scheduled thread topic!

RSS