Help › Forums

Re: What is forgiveness, shot shaping, and Trajectory

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 11 2015 10:08 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hotplayer274323
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 5:05 PM

I have some money, and I am seriously considering to buy better clubs. But before I do, I need to find the perfect one that fits me.

I just need help understanding these three things?

( Don't insult me, I am new)!!!!!!!!!!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 5:13 PM

Avg. Distance: Displays the average distance the ball will travel when hit at full strength on a flat surface and with no wind

Trajectory: Indicates the general height of the ball flight

Precision: Defines generally how close to the aiming point the ball will land based on where you hit on the swing meter

Forgiveness: Displays how much Distance and Precision the ball will lose if not hit perfectly

Shot Shaping: Displays the level of "workability" of the club to move the ball left or right during flight

Spin: Defines the level of spin the club will transfer to the ball. A ball with more spin will stop faster on the green

Meter Speed: Indicates the speed at which the swing meter moves, with 5 being the fastest

• hotplayer274323
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 5:15 PM

wow thanks tibbets

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 5:17 PM

You're welcome.  Check out the FAQ section over there>>> 

It's chock full of all kinds of good info you'll probably be interested in.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 7:38 PM

Can someone please define what exactly is meant by Balance in a putter? (They forgot to define that one property in the Clubs FAQ.)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 7:42 PM

As I understand it, higher balanced putters are more accurate from longer ranges. 

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 20 2009 6:07 AM

That's how I understood it too... and with the newer putters, I have been making more of the long distance putts.  Before I would see a putt over 20 feet start way off of the intended line on a perfect hit, then scratch my head... now, not so much.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2009 11:00 AM

IIRC, the 'balance' of a putter means a larger "sweet spot"... giving the ball a better chance at a 'straight' line.

Some weaker, or less "balanced" putters will twist more with even the slightest hit off center, causing the ball to push or pull right off of the club face.

This is why you see new putters with all that mass spread behind the face, (ie the Spider) as opposed to the old straight blade putters.

• woodrowwilson
    22 Posts
    Tue, Nov 30 2010 12:02 AM

Your putter is the most important club in your bag. I would trade a rock-solid putter for 50 yards on my drives. Get the best available putter whenever you are able. Price usually tells the tale.

• Mox360
    50 Posts
    Sun, Oct 11 2015 7:03 AM

tibbets:
    Meter Speed: Indicates the speed at which the swing meter moves, with 5 being the fastest

No......5 is the slowest. It is an indicator of how long the meter takes to travel

• PAGES
RSS