Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Do you have a 'favorite club' in your bag?

Sun, Mar 20 2011 2:50 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 11:01 AM

Wow but I ain't complainin...the R11 hybrid is a mini canon, I love it !!

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 11:29 AM

all 3 of my wedges followed closely by my 2 new R11 woods. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 11:42 AM

I have a bigass problem here. I believe you guys about the 'R11 3W but I'm anguishing over which wedge I would have to part with to use it. Then I get to thinking about what exactly I would gain having it-an occasional eagle try? More birdies from the Legend tees? Until I get there I don't know but for as much AS as I play with Legends, on all courses, I just don't see (yet) where it would be worth parting with my precious wedge.  What do I know?   :-D

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 11:58 AM

YankeeJim:

I have a bigass problem here. I believe you guys about the 'R11 3W but I'm anguishing over which wedge I would have to part with to use it. Then I get to thinking about what exactly I would gain having it-an occasional eagle try? More birdies from the Legend tees? Until I get there I don't know but for as much AS as I play with Legends, on all courses, I just don't see (yet) where it would be worth parting with my precious wedge.  What do I know?   :-D

I know Jim. I was in the same boat as you are. But I finally decided that the Ping 64  degree wasn't as essential as the Z satin 64 degree.   I noticed that you have 2 Z satin 60 degrees. I am assuming that you have the 77 yard and the 90 yard. Isn't the punch on the 90 fairly close to 77 yards?  I know the punch on the Ping 56 degree 90 yard wedge is 74 yards. 

The  3 wood also makes a few holes a little easier. Like # 7 @ BPB. There are many times even from the master tees that you can't reach the green with anything less than a 3 wood. And isn't # 3 @ BPB from the legend tees long enough to need a 3 wood to reach?

• TopFlite7
    334 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 12:28 PM

I'm going to keep my answer simple. I stiil use my starter lob wedge. Get close a lot and have chipped in with it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Mar 20 2011 2:50 PM

borntobesting:
      I noticed that you have 2 Z satin 60 degrees. I am assuming that you have the 77 yard and the 90 yard

You assume correctly. The problem is with the 90w-it's a Master wedge and performs much differently than the others. Same with the 110w-they're the oil can finish ones. Having adapted to 4 wedges over 2 years has really entrenched itself in my play. The limited exposure I have to Legend conditions so far leads me to believe I will be staying with the 4 wedge setup. That 3W sure makes it interesting. 

• PAGES
RSS