Sat, Aug 15 2020 7:42 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 11:55 AM

borntobesting:

newcastleb:

MrQueez:
    There is a 500 character limit per page.  For stroke play courses there are 2 pages per course so 1000 character total.  Ctth courses have more than 1 set of pins and there is 1 page for each set of pins.

Even without the above limitation, I personally cannot understand why spend $5 for something that you have free on your computer (notepad) or you can download any of several free MS Word imitations.

I use Apache Open Office (free download), seperate document for each course and for some holes (like Merion 5) I have nearly a 1/2 page of notes - no limitations.

Thomas

For the simple fact that the WGT notebook is integrated into the game the others are not. Kind of a hassle using anything else. And remember anytime a new course is added the notebook is added a well. You don't have to make a new file for the new courses.

C,mon guys get a life, just play the game as I have for the past few years.No notes graphs or this that and the other  Just p l a y

• TryPants
    251 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2016 1:20 PM

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your time in sharing your thoughts.

All of them.

Is it worth $5?

To the crux of the matter for me, personally.. I was looking for information on how well the notebook was integrated into the game (convenience). And then that of restrictions on the note of 'file size'.. character count, et al.

My pea brain seems to be a sieve at times.. so.. when a course hasn't been in rotation for the monthly stroke play tournaments for a bit.. there has been a slight re-learning curve for me (i.e 'oh, crap.. I forgot about how shots played from the bunker on this one' ... 'right, right.. stay below/to the right/to the left the hole for this one for the putt').

So.. rather than spend the money on balls, or, more than necessary.. the notebook might be a way to mitigate this re-learning/refreshing of one's (poor) memory.

Lesser of the two evils.. kinda, sorta? For me, anyways.

Thanks again, to those above.. can always count on an informative and spirited discussion in the WGT forum section.

Was not disappointed.

Cheers. :)

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 6:21 AM

borntobesting:
    For the simple fact that the WGT notebook is integrated into the game the others are not. Kind of a hassle using anything else.

Quite right BTB, I keep forgetting that most people don't use multiple monitors.  I can't for the life of me think how I managed all those years with just one.

petervcpt:
    If you are lucky enough to own a dual monitor system, then what Thomas is proposing is a no-brainer.

£14.95 off E-Bay for 2nd hand Dell UltraSharp, £3 for a 2nd VGA cable and 60 seconds telling your computer you now have 2 monitors.....;Well worth it IMHO

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Jun 7 2016 6:42 AM

blindpugh:

C,mon guys get a life, just play the game as I have for the past few years.No notes graphs or this that and the other  Just p l a y

Like me, you are a journeyman legend; the "grip and rip" approach works for us. The top players compete in major tournaments... Nike balls and notebooks may be the difference between winning and coming in 5th, or whatever. I understand why they have these things.

ct

• JohanTV
    213 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 2:28 AM

Is the notebook integrated on mobile play (ipad) and how is it displayd.

When you click on the notebook will it automatically show the notes of the hole you are playing at that moment or do you have to search within the notebook?

Is it possible to adjust the notebook during the game and outside the game.

johan

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 4:21 AM

/methinks that the notebook is available only on PC.

It should show the hole played, but some reports say that it always shows hole 1 first.

From what I read, you can edit the notebook in single strokeplay but not in MP games. It also doesn't look outside "Best of" courses for notes - double work.

IMHO, it was a waste of credits from the start, worsened by implanted errors later. Brain v1.0 or a sheet of paper are more useful.

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Jun 24 2018 8:26 AM

JohanTV:

Is the notebook integrated on mobile play (ipad) and how is it displayd.

When you click on the notebook will it automatically show the notes of the hole you are playing at that moment or do you have to search within the notebook?

Is it possible to adjust the notebook during the game and outside the game.

johan

The notebook works on the web game only. PC and Mac but not on mobile.

it is supposed to open to the hole you’re on but often it opens to # 1. And I think it’s worth the price. Those who keep paper and pencil notebooks spend a lot more than $5.00.

• Heimir
    3 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2020 3:05 PM

I purchased the Notebook but how do I access it?

Rgds and thanks

Heimir

• KenBTEXAS
    284 Posts
    Sat, Aug 15 2020 7:42 PM

if you are mobile or EA I don't think it is integrated yet.

not sure if they are working on it or not.

There are posts in this forum about it.

I suggest you do a search to find an answer.

• PAGES
RSS